Need help for an Ultima DS-based CRPG project

Sergorn

Sentinel
Need help for an Ultima NWN2-based CRPG project

Greetings :)

I've been visiting this site for a long time though I never registered before - so I hope my posting this here won't be a problem ^^'

I am currently planning on the realization of an new Ultima fan-made game entitled "Return to the Serpent Isle", which as one may guess involve the former Lands of Danger and Despair and is very much tied to one of the most beloved episode of the Ultima series: "Ultima VII Part Two - The Serpent Isle," which was released in 1993.

"Following the defeat of the Guardian, Britannia is finally at peace. Yet Shamino feels compelled to start an expedition toward the Serpent Isle, intend on finding out what have happened to his former land. As a member of his expedition you are about to set out on an adventure that will forever change your life."

It aims to create a totally new adventure in the Ultima universe, with new - and some old - characters, a familiar yet different surrounding. and a philosophy that aims to be faithful to everything Ultima ever stood for, while at the time trying to modernize it - and thus giving the chance to every Ultima and CRPG fans to enjoy a new story in the Ultima universe.

This is a project I have been planning for some years - as such it has already a set story outline written from beginning to end and I've been working on compiling a comprehensive (albeit still incomplete) design doc explaining in what direction I want to take the game - for the time when I would finally be able to start this project.

And that time has come. :)

"Return of the Serpent Isle" will be made using the Dungeon Siege engine, and making use on the wonderful tools and systems that Team Lazarus and Team Archon have been building over the years for their respective games and Project Britannia.

But such a project cannot be achieved by one man - which is why I am now looking for other dedicated fans to help me in this task and join this newly "Team Serpent". Before offering your help, keep in mind that this is going to be a long and hard task - and while I feel that it can be accomplished, and that it will be worth our while. remember that it will also take a lot of your time.

So I am basically looking for people at every post:
- Writers
- 2D Artists
- 3D Artists
- Musicians
- Worldbuilders
- Designers
- Scripters
- Coders

If you are interested in joining in - feel free to email me at
SergornDragon@gmail.com

While a good knowledge of the Ultima series (and specifically of Serpent Isle) is obviously recommended, do not hesitate to offer your help even if you're not an Ultima expert - I need talent more than anything else and I hope to create a game that will appeal to any CRPG fan, and not just Ultima fans.

If you have some example of your work to offer, please provide it as well.

So thank you everyone for your time - and for letting me post this :)

-Sergorn Dragon
Project Leader
Ultima: Return to the Serpent

PS: FYI - the project website will be a http://sergorn.jexiste.fr. It is not
open yet and only feature a splash page, but should hopefully be ready for
early 2009.

Last edited:
Could I suggest that after we finish U6P, team members might be willing to assist with this project, but right now the U6P team still could use more help if we're to get the game out by the end of 2009. These people have all the expertise with the DS stuff, but are WAY too busy to even offer assistance right now. 2010 might be different.

Yeah - as a matter of fact I've already have one the U6P Worldbuilder who's offered to help on the project when U6P done. The U6P team has already been very helpful in answering some questions I had about was/wasn't possible in DS, notably in term of dialogues.

I'd certainly welcome help from U6P tembers once the game is done (eck whenver U6P is done I'll obviously won't be finished with RttSI) - but on the other hand there are probably quite a few people who after years spent on U6P probably wouldn't be interested on spending even more years on another Ultima project :lol:

Geez I hope I don't come off like I'm trying to steal potential U6P members :sweatdrop: But I'd rather like to start development sonner rather than later... it's gonna be long enough as it is, especially since finding talented designers is not an east feat.

-Sergorn

Sounds like a cool project.

however, I'm not sure ultima 7 part b was the most beloved of all the series though.

Well I said "one of" ;)

Ultima VII probably would be the most beloved actually, but it always seemed to me Serpent Isle tended to come as a close second. Eck a lot of people tend to regard Ultima VII and Serpent Isle as two side of a same coin anyway. ^^

-Sergorn

True enough, to me ultima 4, 5, 6, 7 are the great ones. 3 was ok....I only ever beat 5 but I really tried with the rest:)

Good luck on finding artists, it's really very hard! if you find a good site for finding artists please let me know.

Well I am glad to say that a *very* talented 2D artist has joind the team - and that indeed I couldn't have dreamed of a better one ^^

-Sergorn

Hiya everyone !

I knows things have been quite silent (and to be honest quite slow) on that front in the last year, but at long last the Official Site for my "Return to the Serpent Isle" project is Up and running at :

http://www.ultima-return.com

Not a lot of content for now, but feel free to come and visit

If you remember what I talked about last year you'll notice the project has changed quite a bit, but I feel for the best.

-Sergorn

Back
Top Bottom