Looks like Iphone/Ipod/Ipad RPGs are improving.

A phone screen is just to small for me to want to play anything on it.

A tablet I think I could do so I'm gonna pick up an android one in '11 (dual-core when they come out).

I think the market for real games on phones/tablets will take off decently in '11 also.

Should be interesting.

It's like a very primitive version of Oblivion.

I'm not sure why people get so excited over this kind of thing, except for the fact that it's on such a small device.

Given the choice, though, who'd want to play this instead of a PC RPG? :)

I've played it for about an hour on an iPhone 4. Haven't seen any bugs yet. It's really pretty cool, but more of a technology show than a really fun game. It has fantastic graphics with cool lighting effects, and the load screens are surprisingly short.

Hard to imaging how good this kind of thing will be in the next few years. I agree the iPhone screen is too small for these things ideally, but I like to support efforts like this nonetheless. It isn't a simple matter of choosing a PC over a phone game. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Not really, as I'll never run out of good PC games to play - and as such, there would never be a reason to play this kind of game - EXCEPT for the reason brought on by the practical nature of a small device, as in when I'm travelling or away from my PC.

If, one day, they stopped making PC RPGs, and my backlog ran out - there'd be a reason, but it would still be games that would be far superior on the right platform.

EXCEPT for the reason brought on by the practical nature of a small device, as in when I'm travelling or away from my PC.

Well, there you go. Apples and oranges. I can't deny that an apple might be more right for you, but that's not true for everyone. And really, look how fast the technology for these things has evolved in the last few years. Again, I agree that a good PC RPG is most likely far superior to a good iOS game, but there's a time and place for different things.

I'm not too sure about action rpgs on mobile devices. I prefer something more convenient such as a turn based rpg.

Who'd want to play a 10-year-old PS2 RPG over a PC RPG? I would! This old argument doesn't hold water for me.

You don't even get the argument ;)

You're playing the old PS2 RPG because it's good, not because it's on the PS2. Imagine if it was done on the PC with all that would bring.

In fact, think about why you're using your PC to emulate it - instead of a genuine PS2.

As I've said about a thousand times before, great games can exist on ANY platform - even on a C64. That doesn't mean, however, that said game wouldn't be much better if done on the PC (or similarly up-to-date gaming platform) with all the technology used to its advantage.

It's so simple.

Back
Top Bottom