Nutty Diablo-3 questions

Yeah, I've started putting whites on my gear and that did help. I may try some bounties tonight. I think that's what they're called. Those little runs you do outside the campaign.

This is also where the Templar helps a lot, survivability. The healing abilities make a big difference. Once you get to a certain level the DPS abilities of the enchanter and scoundrel are almost nothing, but the templar healing and buffing is still significant.

Yeah, on normal and hard the enchantress can dish about half as much as I can, but at a much slower pace. She gets some kills though and I can leave her behind to clean trash mobs while I move to engage the purples or yellows. I can see dropping her and having the templar totally focused on healing. Does his healing skills depend on strength or do I pump his intelligence for healing?

I use him as a tank/healer/debuffer/buffer. Most important stuff is his defensive stats: that's strength and armor, so he doesn't temporarily go down. I am not aware of any stats that effect his healing. May be worth a google.

I don't know about at low level, but at high level, enchantress is quite awesome! Especially when you get a relic that lets her use all her abilities or not die... :) Templar is my least favourite at level 70...... I don't need healing! ;) (actually I do, but hey, I like being glass cannon).

I like the enchantress too, purple. She's cute and I like her voice :) I'm not very lucky on drops. I don't have any of the special stuff, though I have several orange pieces that add a buff or damage upon a condition. I use the electric balls spell as the freebie and then archon/incinerate.

I did my first set of bounties last night in Chapter one. I read that the spider queen lair was a good chance for getting goblins and a shot at the goblin realm. Got lots of goblins but no realm or even whimsydale.

Next to wizard, which class has the most spells? I'm not a melee guy, I like hitting with fireballs, meteors, etc. Witch Doctor? It looks ugly. Something else?

Should I keep doing bounties and maybe a rift till I hit 70? Everyone talks about 70 as if it's some type of Nirvana, so I probably should....

Nah, I was normal till the end of Act IV, then moved to hard in Act V. All the forums say master is hard/impossible for your first character without stuff from previous toons. Remember, I'm not playing with friends who preloaded me with good gear. They say hard is doable and even expert if you're a masochist. I like it easy. I may play on normal mostly again for my next wizard. I've read through the classes and Wizard and Witch Doctor are the only spell slingers and the Doctor is ugly :)

I've read through the classes and Wizard and Witch Doctor are the only spell slingers and the Doctor is ugly :)

I think Doctors look hilarious! My hubby made Doctor and dressed him in yellow bird outfit... we call him... DOOM CHOCOBO!!!

(I need to get screenies off him and post it here) XD

Wizard's are supposedly harder to play, but I like them. I'm playing Master from level 1, Thrasher, though I may go wimpy on bosses.

I died at level 13 for the first time, then I went to my level 56 toon and crafted the best stuff a level 13 or lower could have and that helps kill quicker. I didn't have to wait till I found the yellows, I just crafted them.

The thing I'm noticing though is that while I'm gaining many more levels/map, it takes so much longer to kill things, that the net gain is very little. If you play on normal, you'll only be level 5 when you hit the crypts but it takes about 40 minutes to get there. On master, I'm level 13 when I hit the crypts but it has taken me almost 4 hours to get here. In both cases, I clear all the black as I travel. On normal after 4 hours of play, I'd be at least level 13, maybe higher.

Time will tell. Buying the gear should speed things up quite a bit and I didn't do that till just now. If I feel that master is taking too long to kill things, I'll drop down to expert. Since only T1 or higher improves drops, I won't be missing too much but time.

well, you get cascade at 57, so nope. Using AT, Shock Pulse with the explosive bolts rune, wave of force with impactful rune if they get close, Frost Nova with Shatter for injured mobs. I don't think the 5th button is unlocked yet. I have blur up as a passive since I'm playing master. 17% reduced damage seems necessary.

I've been looking for a level by level guide for wizards where the writer doesn't assume you're already level 70 with hoards of relics. If anyone knows of such a thing, please let me know. Something like an ice build and suggesting skills and what types of modifiers to look for on lower level gear. A disintegrate build and how to keep AP up at low level, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom