Vigilantes - Version 17

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Version 17 of Vigilantes is available now. Two new features that are added in this version are rackets and gang strategy AI.

Rackets are bonus providing enemy facilities, which are located in city districts. There are currently eight racket types. Three of these are main bases, of which each gang starts with one, and the remaining five rackets can be purchased and built by the gangs throughout the city. Each racket provides different local (adjacent tile) and global bonuses, and income.

The Gang Strategic AI directs the gang's actions on the strategic, city map level. We wanted to avoid giving each gang a set of rigid orders, (such as acquire upgrade x on day Y) which they would follow regardless of what the player is doing. Instead, we invested some time to build a system which would allow the gang to use their financial resources to react strategically to the player, choosing which upgrades and rackets best suit their current needs.

More information.

So has anyone tried a recent build? I don't want to spoil the experience so I've been holding off, but it wound be nice to hear sone impressions?

Where''s Daveyd? I think he's played it. I played the demo back at Kickstarter time and found it a hit scant, but I believe they've made quite a few changes since then.

I was a KS backer but I am waiting for Steam version to try it.

This project needs 10 000 000 USD and an army of designers to really become, what it aims to be.

Thanks for posting, Myrthos.

@ Tomasp3n: I've played loads, but might be tough to be objective :)

@ Capt Huggy Face: Agree, the demo was enough to give a rough idea of what we were shooting for, but a lot has been added since then. Combat system allows you to target body part, and multiple attacks for melee weapons, activated abilities, enemy fleeing, new shotgun mechanics. Surveillance, interrogations, weapon crafting, base building, new mission types, to name a few!

@ Mercy - More funding is always welcome for a small studio, but we can deliver on all that we promised, and more, with the funding we have been provided with, through careful management, hard work, and by not buying cigars and fur coats.

That's a nice list, Timeslip. I'll very likely buy your game upon release.

Back
Top Bottom