Betrayal at Krondor - On Twitch.tv @ nerdgrits

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Nerdgrits will play Betrayal at Krondor and discuss the legacy with Neal Hallford (Betrayal at Krondor), Ilana C. Myer (Poet King) and Damjan Mozetic (Call of Saregnar) on twitch.tv next Sunday:

@nerdgrits

It is my IMMENSE pleasure
To host these amazing ppl on my new Twitch channel
3pm EST this Sunday, 2-21
While I play Betrayal at Krondor

It's a meeting of the minds
Let's GOOOOOO
#dosgaming #rpggames #twitchstreamer

https://twitch.tv/nerdgrits
More information.

A great game to be sure, while I won't be watching someone else play it anytime soon, I may have to schedule another jaunt through Krondor meself soonish!

I could never get into BaK even though I wanted to. It was just too dated by the time I got around to trying it. I'm still hoping it gets a remaster someday.

As a big Raymond E. Feist fan I love BaK - I played it twice many years ago.
The sequel Return to Krondor is a bit short.
Betrayal in Antara just uses the same updated game engine, but is not based on Midkemia and is crap.

Last edited:
It's "Betrayal in Antara" not "at". While it certainly isn't as good as BaK I found it to be acceptable and most of the reviews of the time put it at around 60-70%. It has aged better than BaK as the resolution is still viewable on modern hardware (QHD/4K). If you are desperate for more of BaK I would probably recommend it but for most people their time is better spent elsewhere :)

Not sure why I have started this game multiple times and always lose interest early on even though I like it:)

Not sure why I have started this game multiple times and always lose interest early on even though I like it:)

I enjoyed it for the most part when it came out and I think I finished it, but it wasn't as enjoyable as a few other similar games at the time, and then 10 or so years ago I tried it again and it was too dated for me to enjoy it plus I lost interest even apart from the graphics, interface, lack of modern conveniences, etc.

The trick to enjoying older games is keeping copious notes. It means you don't as readily lose interest if you haven't played in awhile and forget where your at. But yeah, graphics and modern conveniences are missed.

The books are exactly why I first got into the game, and then of course the sequel. And as Silver stated above, notes are absolutely essential, I've kept mine intact for several decades, now. They are a must.

And I'm another that would bone up coin for a remaster, should that ever happen. Some one please make it so!

I tried the game. Explored still west of the river. But somehow the combat was not so good and it just sunk into the Oblivion of Boredom.

I only played Return To Krondor once. I don't have many memories of it. I liked that easter egg, though - a recipe for chai tea. ;)

It is for sure one of the best games ever, but the graphics did not age well, rest of the game is still fun, but wow it looks horrible! :( the music is something you'll never forget though, that aged very well :)

Coming from someone that usually turns off the audio/music immediately, I remember how great the music was in this game, and often left it running. One of the few that I truly enjoyed listening to.

Back
Top Bottom