Mass Effect: Andromeda - Preview

So what's the point of having that ability in the first place?

I know, it's like saying "Quake has lots of replayability, one game play only with a gun, then play again only using a shotgun!".

In the case of ME:A, the replayability will basically be to watch different cutscenes, so the visual novel/interactive movie part.

The statement that MEA was 20 hour long was made on this site.

Hopefully it's the time needed to complete the MMO rubbish part and not the time needed for the actual game.
I'll just sit and wait till I hear from others if I'm getting fillerriddled DA:I in space or rich variety of content game. If it's shortie singleplayer and then let's milk MMO like Titanfall 2, maybe I buy it on some Steam sale, but not before the price drops to 10 bucks. If it's an epic singleplayer RPG, I will buy it's the most expensive package at full price even if I won't play the MMO crap.

I know, it's like saying "Quake has lots of replayability, one game play only with a gun, then play again only using a shotgun!".

In the case of ME:A, the replayability will basically be to watch different cutscenes, so the visual novel/interactive movie part.

I suspect the choices will offer some replay value, and I will personally also replay it with a different gameplay emphasis (starting with a biotic heavy character, without doing any respeccing etc), but it does sound like the overall replay value is lower than that of previous MEs. At least I enjoyed playing through them with all the different classes, as their signature abilities were locked away behind the class itself, and they were usually pretty cool (except Adept in ME2 on higher difficulties, as everything is protected against Singularity then).

Crikey! Sounds like they are again pandering to multiple platforms with a resultant decrease in in-combat abilities. Sure you can change profiles on the fly... which should help, but it just makes the game feel contrived. If you can do one thing now, what are you changing to change profiles? reduces immersion and decreases options.... enemies to a good RPG.
I was hoping it would be a good combination with RPG and action, but falls down on the side of action again by the look of it.
I should not be surprised!
Playing through inquisition at the moment... it is ok, but again I find myself drawn to DAO as far as options go....
Please let future games be more options and complex pathways, while maintaining the action to some degree (They could lower it in my opinion... Action with not a lot of options decreases replayability enjoyment, and can make combat drag.)

I know, it's like saying "Quake has lots of replayability, one game play only with a gun, then play again only using a shotgun!"

Not really, that's a silly analogy, there's a lot more to skills/abilities than comparing it to a single weapon.

It's like playing Diablo 2 with a Necro summoner, then switching over to Zeal Paladin for the act boss, then switching to Lighting Amazon for cows, then switching to Sorceress for teleporting around, then switching to Barbarian for shouts/buffs. Bruce Lee: Be like water.

Back
Top Bottom