The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Music for me yesterday and today has been Rhino Radio. 24/7 pure metal, no options but LOUD! I've heard such stellar bands as Glassjaw, Pantera, Faith No More, Dream Theatre, and a host of others. Pure bliss, baby!

If SEVEN NATION ARMY was Delta Blues…. WHITE STRIPES Slide Guitar Cover

Winter seemed to make a come-back today in my area, so Pulse, a Pink Floyd album, accompanied me to the porch today.

And no, the little red light no longer works. I think it went kaput about six months after I got the album. -xxx

Yesterday night, I had the time of my life. (Now you'll see me actually bragging a bit, which you won't see often ! ;) ).
I had attended a concert by the group called "Genesis", and it was just great - great compared to how old everyone in the group is now, but they are still playing great ! Imho.

Considering that this is probably (one never really knows with Genesis) their last tour, as Mr. Collins once said he didn't want to tour after that "any time soon", it was a very memorable time. They did a mix of older and newer songs, and it was very nice to especially hear those older tunes as well.

Now, the only member I haven't seen yet is Steve Hackett.
(Apart from Anthony Phillips and John Mayhew.)

Genesis is an excellent band, though I'm not the biggest fan of Collins with his drumming nor singing. They are all decent musicians, I just prefer the incarnation with Gabriel. And I find myself much more of a fan of their music that never made it to the airwaves, most of that latter eighties stuff just wasn't my cuppa.

ELO - Time (Full Album, 1981)

The Moth & The Flame - "Young and Unafraid"

Emancipator & 9 theory - Zula

Oforia - Return of the Machines (Future Prophecy Remix)

Bonus! Metal. INFERI - Vile Genesis (Full album)

Got my[cheap] turntable up and running through my PC sound system. Found my copy of "Cosmo's Factory" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. No bad songs and more than a few brilliant ones.

Hatchie dropped another video from the upcoming album. Like this one best of the 4 so far. Enjoy!

Holy moly, Hawkins passed?!?!?!? Geez that dude is younger than me, I met him twice while he was playing for Alanis, he had a ferocity with a drum kit that was damn impressive, a style I could never master. Well, I know what I'll be listening to for the next few days, some Alanis and the almighty Fighters of Foo.

Today though was CCR all day. I got some head-nods from walkers as they appreciated the rhythms!

Back
Top Bottom