Fallout 4 - Future Plans

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Lostforever pointed us to the Bethesda announcement of the Fallout 4 season pass, which will be available for $30 and the Creation Kit.

The most important thing in our games is the freedom you have to create your own experience, and modding is a big part of that. Like all our previous games, we’ve made sure to keep Fallout 4 open and moddable at every step in development. Early next year we’ll release for free the new Creation Kit for the PC. This is the same tool we use in the studio. You'll be able to create your own mods and share them with others. We’re especially excited these same mods will then be coming to Xbox One, and then PlayStation 4.
And:

We've always done a lot of DLC for our games. We love making them and you always ask us for more. To reward our most loyal fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30. Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year. Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you'll get it all with the Season Pass.
More information.

Thinking more about about this, I wonder what is their definition of DLC? Do they count "Dragonborn" as DLC or is that expansion and not covered? if they count Dragonborn as DLC then this is cracking deal and setting example to the reset of the gaming industry.

Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40

Well it might not "worth" $40, but thats what we will charge you. And by pre charging you 30$.. we'll make sure that the final number will be greater than the season pass so we don't have to explain this later.

Again with the baseless mistrust. Their previous DLC packs, when combined, have easily been worth 30$ if you're at all into their games.

Well, I certainly think so.

Why wouldn't they keep their word here?

Again with the baseless mistrus,eir previous DLC packs, when combined, have easily been worth 30$ if you're at all into their games.

Well, I certainly think so.

Why wouldn't they keep their word here?

I think if you actually read what I wrote, you'll see that I also said they will keep their word.

Good catch, lostforever! No surprises here, but good to get confirmation.

What is a season pass? Is it some annual charge?

It'a great that they are realising the creation kit upfront

I think it's essentially a 3 for 2 offer. Let's say they usually make 3 DLC expansions, and they've figured out that they sell about 1.3 units of DLC per customer. If they do 3 for the price of two and more people buy into it, they win. If you're someone who typically buys all their stuff, it's a good deal for you, too.

I'm not exactly a "fan" of Bethesda, but they sure as hell know how to sell games. CDPR could learn a few things here.
Weeeell…30$?
The Pit, Anchorage, Lookout were solid/good, Zeta you couldn't pay me to play it again and Broken Steel was one of my favorites, of any game. Dawnguard and Dragonborn were nice additions as well.
I'd say that after that horse armor blunder, Bethesda has a pretty good track record when it comes to releasing quality DLC's.

I wish I didn't preorder it now seeing it has season pass scam bundled, but it's too late.
I did it on GMG with -25% (or was it 26?) voucher a month ago.

The Pit, Anchorage, Lookout were solid/good, Zeta you couldn't pay me to play it again and Broken Steel was one of my favorites, of any game.

I thought Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta were both mediocre. I really liked The Pit and Broken Steel. Never finished Point Lookout.

Easy:
(1) Wait for Complete-Ultimate-Extended-Golden…. edition;
(2) Pay $10 for it all;
(3) "Profit" (that is, use the saved $80 for supporting an actual good game, like D:OS2).

I'm a big fan of mod-able games. Being able to customize a game experience to suit your own preferences is a really nice capability. So bravo to Bethesda for making it possible once again.

As for early payment for the DLC... nah. The cost will come down eventually anyway. I'd rather wait for the feedback to see if it is worth the bother of playing those expansion packs.

Base game + Season pass = over $100 (in Canadian $$)

My hobby is a bit too expensive these days. Looks like I'm going to stick to my backlog for the rest of the year.

Back
Top Bottom