Gosh! Leonard Cohen is dead.

E

Eye

RIP.

On his Facebook page
It is with profound sorrow we report that legendary poet, songwriter and artist, Leonard Cohen has passed away.
We have lost one of music’s most revered and prolific visionaries.
A memorial will take place in Los Angeles at a later date. The family requests privacy during their time of grief.

It was just two days ago I listened to his new album…
Can't believe he's gone. A real loss.

One of my musical heroes. I saw him just a few years ago. At least he had a rich life.

What a week.

When I first heard him on the CBC many years ago I quickly realized he had a formula: mix religion, sex, and alcohol (or any of the combination) then sing it in a monotone. I was trying to find a clip of a low budget movie from Montreal he was in but by his filmography he's made quite a few:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0169552/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

he was one of those artists IIRC that would disappear for awhile then make an appearance when he needed the money.

There are so many great things and quotes about this man....I could go all night.

Woke up and these news was the first thing I saw and I was gutted. 2016 really have been a downer for taking our heroes. RIP Cohen.

I liked this piece

EDIT: how to embed vids again?

Last edited:

So sad. He was such a genious to the end. His music just cuts through to your soul. You want it darker is indeed a great song, just listening it makes me shiver…

An other from the album, old ideas.

R.I.P Bard of Montreal.

I heard the news right before I went to sleep last night. 2016 has been a terrible year for musicians - everyone always lists Prince and David Bowie, but Keith Emerson, Glen Frey, Paul Kantner, and now Leonard Cohen hit me just as hard.

I remember as a relative youngster while I was hitch-hiking through Europe sitting in a hostel discussing the poetry and songs of LC for hours on end. I loved his work. I actually used to teach some of his poetry back in the days I taught high school English. What is really amazing is that my daughter loves him too and actually went to his concert the last time he came to Oz. It's certainly a sad loss for the world; he was a truly great artist and even more importantly, a great human being!!

Back
Top Bottom