INSOMNIA: The Ark - Released

Well, if you're using Windows, that's reporting on your activity. So is the Steam client (which even scans the memory and DNS records, looking for signs of cheating), and even the Nvidia Experience software is reporting back on your usage. Game telemetry is pretty far down the list, IMO.

Yea Kingmaker does it as well although the point of course is that you can disable that if you want (and have to trust it does disable it).

I played through the prologue and a little of the beginning yesterday. I liked a lot of what I saw, but, like other recent releases, I think it needs a little more time in the oven.

The world seems pretty cool. It's very detailed, and you can tell they put a lot of effort into building it and the lore. I also like the atmosphere.

The mouse movement feels a little wonky at first, but you get used to it pretty fast. I don't like not being able to pan up and down though.

There are a couple of glaring bugs too which is why I'll be setting this aside for now. First, the volume controls don't work. There are sliders for music, environment, and sound effects, but adjusting them has no effect. It's annoying because the background music is a little louder than I would like it to be.

The other thing is that apparently there's a bug that's causing loot in containers to get overwritten at certain points. I've seen people complain that they lost everything in their personal stash because of it.

I'm looking forward to really diving into this one, but I'm going to wait and see what the next patch brings first.

I played through the prologue and a little of the beginning yesterday. I liked a lot of what I saw, but, like other recent releases, I think it needs a little more time in the oven.

The world seems pretty cool. It's very detailed, and you can tell they put a lot of effort into building it and the lore. I also like the atmosphere.

The mouse movement feels a little wonky at first, but you get used to it pretty fast. I don't like not being able to pan up and down though.

There are a couple of glaring bugs too which is why I'll be setting this aside for now. First, the volume controls don't work. There are sliders for music, environment, and sound effects, but adjusting them has no effect. It's annoying because the background music is a little louder than I would like it to be.

The other thing is that apparently there's a bug that's causing loot in containers to get overwritten at certain points. I've seen people complain that they lost everything in their personal stash because of it.

I'm looking forward to really diving into this one, but I'm going to wait and see what the next patch brings first.

Good, good...best you get right back to it. About time you did something productive around here. :)

Back
Top Bottom