EA - Expect A Free-to-Start Experience

It sounds a bit like they are going to expand on what they've been doing with Titanfall & The Sims 4, where they gave you a time-limited trial of the full product. It was not a bad system at all, though I guess people with poor connections did not appreciate the fact that they had to download the full game. My guess is that they will limit these a bit more, but still offer a good chunk of the game.

With that I wouldn't have a problem since is kinda just a different kind of demo.

Steam went into a new direction.
Modders will now be able to earn money on nonValve games mods!
Oh, no news on RPGwatch about that? Noone uses Steam Workshop nor mods?

And what EA does in the meantime?
They won't have pay2win games called free2play any more. It can't be just free, as both apple and google disallow putting FREE on the button on games that contain ingame shops.
So, great news people!

Dungeon Keeper phonegame is not free2play pay2win game anymore!
It'll be free2start!
Yay!
EA is rewriting the history, OMG, what a spectacular news, I'm so excited!

Sadly, we live in a time where EA can sell bullshit as if it was made of gold.

Steam went into a new direction.
Modders will now be able to earn money on nonValve games mods!
Oh, no news on RPGwatch about that? Noone uses Steam Workshop nor mods?

That's actually horrible news paid mods are no better than paid DLC, but that was the intention for the Workshop from the start I don't think they ever did hide the fact.
And no I don't use the workshop only Nexus and other sites for mods.

Horrible news to you - to me the best news ever.
You know why?

Do please pay for Skyrim unofficial patch as it should have been made by Bethesda - for free.
Pay for all those horrible controls ports unofficial fixes that publishers should have put - for free.
Pay for Watch Dogs graphical spectacle unlocker mod - as Ubisoft should have unlocked it for free.

Modders worked on something. I believe they should get paid for their work. We paid for all that to the game publisher already, why should modders make what publishers were supposed to - for free?

Horrible news to you - to me the best news ever.
You know why?

Do please pay for Skyrim unofficial patch as it should have been made by Bethesda - for free.
Pay for all those horrible controls ports unofficial fixes that publishers should have put - for free.
Pay for Watch Dogs graphical spectacle unlocker mod - as Ubisoft should have unlocked it for free.

Modders worked on something. I believe they should get paid for their work. We paid for all that to the game publisher already, why should modders make what publishers were supposed to - for free?

Modder should do what they love because they want to, if they start doing it for money it'll detoriate to exactly how the major publishers and really succesful indy games are.

Also I'm not paying extra for something that should not be broken to start with, no matter who fixes it.

In the end I don't care I don't partake in the Steam workshop but monetizing each and everything is just bad.

Oh and alot of the bigger mods actually do have donation pages if you want to support them monetarily.

Back
Top Bottom