Witcher 3 - Patch 1.04 Released

aries100

SasqWatch
Marcin Momot from CD Project RED announced today that Patch 1.04 for PC has been released. and is availble for download. A few quotes from the changelog.

-Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the ‘Unlock Bindings' option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.-Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.-Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.-Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.-1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.-Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.-Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.-Further improvements made in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
You can read the whole changelog here.

According to Gameranx

The patch is out now and will automatically download on GOG and Steam.
More information.

The keybinding stuff must please some here. :) I'm wondering if the loot popup is easier to read now, since many were complaining that it's too small on certain screens.

The loot popup is much better. Not only was it too small but it disappeared so quickly that I rarely caught the details.

For some reason keyboard remapping within the game was working fine for me before the patch. Then today it reverted back to the defaults but I reset them again after setting unlock bindings.

Check you settings after the patch is uploaded, it revert a few of them (like 1.03 did).

Could somebody post the changlog here? I don't activate cookies for sites asking for my date of birth, on principle.

The Witcher 3 PC Patch 1.04:

• Rebinding of all keys is now available after switching on the 'Unlock Bindings' option in the Options\Key Bindings submenu.
  • Corrects an issue in the dialogue system that might have caused dialogue looping in certain scenes.
  • Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were affected by the Axii Sign.
  • Corrects a bug that caused spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
  • 1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displayed as a valid resolution option.
  • Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
  • Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.
  • Further improvements made in Nvidia Hairworks performance.
  • A few additional gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
  • Fixes an issue where users with usernames incorporating non-Latin characters were unable to import saves from The Witcher 2.
  • Includes a series of overall stability and performance improvements.
  • Fixes issues related to alt + tabbing and minimizing the game window.
  • Updates the game icon.
  • Enlarges the loot pop-up window in the UI.
  • Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could extend beyond the game borders in the UI.
  • Upgrading items included in gear sets no longer destroys rune sockets on said items.
  • Introduces small tweaks in the UI for gwent.
  • Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

Could somebody post the changlog here? I don't activate cookies for sites asking for my date of birth, on principle.

Them old-timers ! :)

By the way, this 1.0.4 patch is around 550 MB, is that correct ? Every patch released by CDPR thus far is larger than 300 MB. Jesus, what are they doing ? Finishing the game ?

Henrique

By the way, this 1.0.4 patch is around 550 MB, is that correct ? Every patch released by CDPR thus far is larger than 300 MB. Jesus, what are they doing ? Finishing the game ?

Henrique

GOG Galaxy reports 275 MBs. Of course that could be the compressed installation kit version.

It's not what I would call a "patch", since 562 MB is larger than the size of the executable. It's replacing the whole thing, I'd wager.

It's not what I would call a "patch", since 562 MB is larger than the size of the executable. It's replacing the whole thing, I'd wager.

Could be. Could contain some updated textures and such, as well as deltas.

Henrique

It's still lightyears away from Wolfenstein patch that was cca 10Gb.

For me it downloaded 562 MB, don't know where you got 233 MB.

I know this is only a "me too" post but… mine too!

EDIT: as an additional info, my TW3 is GoG version and Galaxy downloaded this 562 MB file.

Last edited:

Maybe they could mail it to you on 391 floppy disks.;)

Must be a quirk in Galaxy. The GOG download is 232mb.

That loot pop-up improvement is great - so much easier to see what you just got now (especially playing on tv from couch).

They keep addressing things I just did too, like die a million times due to unexplained exploding gas clouds in that Velen cave quest with Keisha :D

That loot pop-up improvement is great - so much easier to see what you just got now (especially playing on tv from couch).

Hmm, is this a setting you need to go into option and change? For me (1.04) the text is still super tiny and shows for maybe 3ms before it fades.. very irritating.

Edit: same with XP when killing enemies, i don't think i've even seen the numbers for that (is it supposed to show?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom