Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Ready to preload

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gameranx reports that Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is available for preload now:

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen Ready To Preload On Steam

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is now ready to preload on Steam.

The game is officially releasing on January 16, but you can get an early start getting the game for your PC this early.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is a remake of the original Dragon’s Dogma, now capable of outputting to 4K, and complete with all the DLCs and features it had on console.

[...]

More information.

All these Dogma threads is getting exhausting! It is not easy to give myself so completely to adoring and praising Dragon's Dogma!! But I will persist!!

Let's see...where to begin...the game is REALLY GOOD.

... ... ... [that's it? that's all you're going to say???]

Ok, it is INSANELY AMAZINGLY GOOD. You know how much time I spent playing dress-up with my character and pawn? There's over 600 pieces of gear to choose from!! SO MUCH PLAYHOUSE DOLL DRESS-UP FUN!!!

I think we need a few more threads until the 16th to fully exhaust Brumbek.

My pre-load is ready too.

Played this on PS3. Awesome game.
If you are on the fence but you like aRPGs JUST DO IT and buy this!

Also it looks like this time we will get good console port.

Can anyone confirm this about the save system for the PC version:

1. Can you save anywhere / anytime ?
2. Can you have multiple save slots ?

Note: I dislike checkpoint save systems. I'm fine if you can't save during combat, but let me save any other time, and let me do it in multiple slots so I can experiment.

Played this on PS3. Awesome game.
If you are on the fence but you like aRPGs JUST DO IT and buy this!

Also it looks like this time we will get good console port.

Welcome friend! But be warned: it is *MY* job to totally praise this game to no end! Well, I suppose we can both do it! Guys, we have another adoring Dogma fan!!! :)

Can anyone confirm this about the save system for the PC version:

1. Can you save anywhere / anytime ?
2. Can you have multiple save slots ?
1. Yes you can save anywhere, anytime. Always save before hard fights.

2. No. Only one save slot. This is unfortunate, but the game doesn't have much you need to experiment with. You can unlock all classes and all skills. There are some missable quests and slight story decisions, but the game is specifically made for multiple New Game Plus runs. So don't worry about your choices and stuff.

Yes but how is the kb/mouse interface ? How can you praise this as a PC game without describing the KB/mouse interface ?

Welcome friend! But be warned: it is *MY* job to totally praise this game to no end! Well, I suppose we can both do it! Guys, we have another adoring Dogma fan!!! :)

2. No. Only one save slot. This is unfortunate, but the game doesn't have much you need to experiment with. You can unlock all classes and all skills. There are some missable quests and slight story decisions, but the game is specifically made for multiple New Game Plus runs. So don't worry about your choices and stuff.

Thanks for the info. I pre-ordered. Maybe this will keep me engaged until the Fallout 4 DLCs (or good mods) start coming out.

Ugh, one save slot sounds bad.

What do you mean that you can unlock all classes? I can be a mage and a warrior simultaneously or switch between them?

one save slot...I always worry about save file corruption with one slot. I really don't see why they could not have a least a few if they have all the infrastructure to save game state. The people doing the port could surely have added this? I ended up pre-ordeirng, I hope I won't regret it.

I'm more worried about saving in a wrong place than corruption. Happened to me before in some games. Saving in the middle of unwinnable battle, for example, is not cool.

I guess replaying W3 is training me for DD. :) It dislikes mods and crashes whenever I try to save, only quicksaving works, which makes it, in a nutshell, a one save slot game. There were a couple of instances (although caused by a mod's presence) that would screw everything completely if I saved. Like, if you change your character's appearance from a floating head (that some cutscenes reset it to) at a certain time during the main quest, the character you're supposed to follow would stand still instead, which is pretty game-breaking if it were to occur to you to quicksave.

Thanks everyone for warm welcome!

Yes but how is the kb/mouse interface ? How can you praise this as a PC game without describing the KB/mouse interface ?

I played trough 15min tutorial area on PC on Kb/mouse combo and its ok. I have not change any keys and it was playable with default WSAD settings (not some weird stuff like press "L" for run or something :))

The game have full kb/mouse support including menus and only frustration i ecountered was when i typed character name - game dont recognize certain characters, there was no writing cursor and Backspace key (deleting last letter) has also 'go back' function so you deleteted last letter and also close the char name window - annoying. :)

If you have any question - ask. But like i said i had maybe 20 min experience with game.

Yes. I hope i will be not crucified for this. :)

I have only AMDFX-4100 and GTX 560Ti 1GB so i must check game performance before i decide to spend any money. Especially when it comes to asian console ports - they performance and quality is just gambling sometimes.
Yes i know there are Steam refunds - in this case it was just faster and more convinient. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement ! I hope the interface is great as a poor interface can ruin a wondreful game. Capcon has done a pretty decent job their last few games (earlier games were very poor with regards to kb/mouse).

Thanks everyone for warm welcome!

I played trough 15min tutorial area on PC on Kb/mouse combo and its ok. I have not change any keys and it was playable with default WSAD settings (not some weird stuff like press "L" for run or something :))

The game have full kb/mouse support including menus and only frustration i ecountered was when i typed character name - game dont recognize certain characters, there was no writing cursor and Backspace key (deleting last letter) has also 'go back' function so you deleteted last letter and also close the char name window - annoying. :)

If you have any question - ask. But like i said i had maybe 20 min experience with game.

The previews all said the KB/M controls were fine. And yeah, since the game is leaked now, plenty of people are reporting the KB/M controls are great and it's a terrific PC port.

What do you mean that you can unlock all classes? I can be a mage and a warrior simultaneously or switch between them?
You can swap classes when talking to certain NPCs. So you can go back and forth as much as needed. You can't play them at the same time. And there are rewards for mastering all classes.

I'm more worried about saving in a wrong place than corruption. Happened to me before in some games. Saving in the middle of unwinnable battle, for example, is not cool.
That's not possible in Dogma for multiple reasons. There are no "I'm stuck in here" places in the game. You can always exit out. Plus, the game also saves backups for you in a confusing manner: you can always pick to restore the last "Checkpoint" save, which is when you rested at an Inn last time. Warning: you might lose a lot of progress if you do this.

Go over to Steam and read the discussions forum. It's a complete circus over there, which is pretty much always the case with new releases. But typically not until release day.

Apparently someone leaked a pirate copy of the game and a a lot of people are throwing a tantrum because people who stole the game get to play before them. They are actually demanding refunds. It's like a bunch of toddlers with the internet.

Back
Top Bottom