Age of Grit - Kickstarter 2.0

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A second Kickstarter campaign for Age of Grit has been started:

Age of Grit - A Steampunk Wild West Adventure

Explore a Wild West inspired world in a steampunk airship! A turn-based, tactical CRPG with a focus on characters and story.

In Age of Grit you play the captain of an old, beat-up, steam-powered airship. You and your crew adventure across a vast, cowboy-themed, steampunk world simply known as "The West." You're looking for whatever work you can find--bounty hunting, smuggling contraband, running guns...maybe even a little train robbery if yer so inclined. 'Bout anything to pay the bills, keep the guns loaded, the boiler stoked, and keep your ship in the sky!

[...]

We previously held a crowdfunding campaign here on Kickstarter and were overwhelmed with the support we received from the community! We were incredibly grateful to raise over $15,000. Just as importantly: to receive so much support really gave us the confidence to continue with our vision for AOG.

With the money we raised we've done a lot and now have built a working prototype of the game. Most of the art assets are complete and all of the game's major systems are functioning. However it has become clear that in order to make AOG the polished experience it deserves to be--and do so in a timely matter--we will need further funding. We've discussed this with our original backers and the feedback we received was extremely supportive.

One way or another this game is going to get finished, but with additional funding our team will be able to devote a lot more time to the project--less need for other jobs and side gigs. We'll also be able to hire on a few more people and get everything wrapped up much faster.

We turn to the Kickstarter community once again for this final round of crowdfunding. Thank you all for your support and for believing in Age of Grit!
More information.

Am I missing something or is nothing at all about the non-combat game fleshed out? Blurb says all systems are in place, but all I see is combat, character stat sheets, and a (really awful looking) dialogue interface. Though maybe "interface" is too strong a word here...

I backed this the first time and I'd like to see it finished. I'm not sure that relatively small funding goal will be enough though, nor am I confident they'll reach even that. But I might chip in again.

"Second" kickstarter? That's never a good sign.

Did the first kickstarter fail or did it succeed and they just need more money?

Edit: Reading fail by me, 1st campaign was successful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom