Obsidian's new RPG announcement "soon"

South Park was a great series here, everyone talked about it.
Unfortunately this was more than 5 years ago ...

Do you know that there are new episodes still being made? I have to admit they have followed a trajectory into continually deeper levels of depravity, so maybe the censors over there have passed on it.

Do you know that there are new episodes still being made? I have to admit they have followed a trajectory into continually deeper levels of depravity, so maybe the censors over there have passed on it.

New season has been hit and miss. I wish they'd take more time in getting their episodes out rather than just try to have them come out the same week whatever event they are making fun of is from. For instance, on the aliens thanksgiving one, they ask the boys if they've ever had any contact with aliens. Perfect time for a reference back to the very first episode, Cartman Gets An Anal Probe! Yet they completely missed it.

I have seen very few episodes so I wouldn't know this. Although the idea of a parody does appeal to me.

You can watch entire episodes on Southparkstudios.com. There's two commercial breaks per episode, but they're not too annoying. Here's the LotR episode if you're interested.

One of my personal favorites here. Ever see the animated version of The Hobbit? :)

Nothing could appeal to me less than this.

Its not often but i'm in complete agreeance.

and here i thought dungeon seige 3 would be the only game obsidian made i could care less about. even if this gets marketed well i can't imagine this appealing to many other than the young crowd that is the most likely to pirate the game anyway or rent it on the console.

You can watch entire episodes on Southparkstudios.com. There's two commercial breaks per episode, but they're not too annoying. Here's the LotR episode if you're interested.

One of my personal favorites here. Ever see the animated version of The Hobbit? :)

I watched the LotR episode and I liked it. Of course, I don't know how high it ranks compared to the rest as I have hardly seen the series. I think I will use this page to see more episodes.

In any case, I have absolutely no idea how Obsidian will pull this one off. But for now, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Since it turned out to be for PC as well, I´m slightly interested after all.
Some potential for an unique RPG certainly is there.

It could—if it were for iPhone! :D

Wait - a DS version would be even LESS appealing than that! Then you have limited gameplay, crappy graphics AND a developer unused to the platform (look at Bioware and the Sonic game)! Whee!

At least a smartphone version would be more fitting. I honestly can't imagine a less appropriate setting for an Obsidian cRPG. Not that I'm a big fan of them anymore, but still.

As for South Park, I always appreciate good satire - but after 3-4 episodes, I felt it had run its course. Some shows can endure, but the concept and the style made it very shortlived for my part.

Now, if you MUST make a cRPG based on a cartoon setting in this vein, at least choose something with potential - like Futurama.

Do you know that there are new episodes still being made?

I do know, but no-one really cares here anymore. "The Thrill Is Gone".

I had already thought so - otherwise it would make not much sense to do a game out of it.
But I suspect that it wouldn't sell here.

Can't speak to its popularity really, but it's been years since people I know last talked about it. Right around the time of the WoW parody, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom