Slay the Spire - Has Sold A Million

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports that Slay the Spire has sold a million in Early Access.

Deck-building roguelike Slay the Spire has sold a million copies since its Early Access launch in November. Developer Mega Crit games announced the milestone along with one of Slay the Spire’s regular updates Thursday, along with the usual list of tweaks, fixes, and additions to the game.

“Just a few days ago, we reached 1,000,000 players for Slay the Spire,” Mega Crit wrote in the Steam post accompanying Weekly Update 31, which adds a Custom game mode. “It’s been a wild ride as the two of (and a great number of collaborators!) started work on this game almost 3 years ago.”

[...]
More information.

Bought it during the summer-sale. My backlog is starting to get embarrasingly long and soon I will certainly be adding "Pathfinder Kingmaker", "The Last Night", "Depth of Extinction", "Stoneshard", "Pathway", "EITR" and several other titles as well.

If only this bloody heatwave that´s lasted since the beginning of May, would come to an end . I´d spend the rest of summer trying to catch up.

Addictive game. The basic battle action is pretty boring and unremarkable, but they managed to make it interesting by giving the bosses and smaller bosses the ability to transform + talk, greeting the player with mystical messages. The game is successful, because of the loot system and continued enigma along the journey. Spire intentionally doesn't resemble the usual monster-fighting games, so it remains interesting for a couple of runs / wins.

Bought it during the summer-sale. My backlog is starting to get embarrasingly long and soon I will certainly be adding "Pathfinder Kingmaker", "The Last Night", "Depth of Extinction", "Stoneshard", "Pathway", "EITR" and several other titles as well.

Is EITR still a thing? Long time no updates.

I never heard of this game ... *scratches head*

I've heard of it but haven't bitten the bullet yet - trying to avoid buying games these days until backlog is drained. Having said that this is pretty good for an indie game (er pretty good sales)....

As Mercy mentioned, very addicting, if short card game. With so many cards and the very RNG nature of the game, it can be frustrating but very challenging and satisfying. I'm not big on card games normally, but Slay the Spire is pretty fun and worth checking out, especially if you get it on sale.

I also got this recently and can fully recommend!

Congrats on the million! They earned it!

Also by adding the dailies, you can play and see how you rank against other players. Very fun game.

I play this on the reg, it's the only card-based game I've spent any length of time playing. Definitely addictive and fun.

Back
Top Bottom