Dishonored 2 - Three Mission Demo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A three mission Dishonored 2 demo will be available next Thursday (April 6):

Dishonored 2 - Free Trial

We’re pleased to announce that we’re releasing a free trial for Dishonored 2 for Steam on April 6! The free trial will allow players to dive into the first three missions of the campaign as either Empress Emily Kaldwin or the Royal Protector, Corvo Attano.

The free trial can be downloaded from Dishonored 2’s store page on Steam. What’s more, players that decide to upgrade to the full game during or after the free trial will keep all of the saves made during the trial, and can continue enjoying Dishonored 2’s campaign from where they left off.

Take on the role of a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2, the follow up to Arkane Studio's first-person action blockbuster that earned more than 100 'Game of the Year' honors. Dishonored 2 has been praised by IGN as “amazing” and “a superb sequel”, declared a “masterpiece” by Eurogamer, and hailed “a must-play revenge tale among the best in its class” by Game Informer. Named ‘Game of the Year’ by PC Gamer, ‘PlayStation 4 Game of the Year’ by IGN, and winner of ‘Best Action-Adventure Game’ at The Game Awards 2016, Dishonored 2 has garnered over 100 ‘Best of 2016 Awards.’

When the mad witch Delilah seizes the throne, the fate of your Empire is left hanging in the balance. As Emily or Corvo, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca, the once-dazzling coastal city that holds the keys to restoring Emily to power. Armed with powerful supernatural abilities, weapons and gadgets, how far will you go to hunt down your enemies and take back what’s yours?
More information.

Three missions? Isn't that like quarter of the game? They resolved optimization issues?

Generous demo, I must say.

I loved what I played of it - though I got distracted after getting to level 4. I've been meaning to get back to it.

Significantly better than the first Dishonored, in my opinion.

…..Significantly better than the first Dishonored, in my opinion.
I still haven't played it and heard there's really no story in Dishonored 2, anymore. Not sure that makes any sense but I'm not interested in spoilers. Another issue I have is the new drm they use denuvo. After living through the hell of drm(s) in 2000s, like starforce or ubi's game breaking or sony's almost rootkits, I can wait awhile. I really do like the original, aamf it's still installed on my system atm.

Three missions? Isn't that like quarter of the game? They resolved optimization issues?

A third of the game actually (it has 9 missions).

The game ran fine on the beta patches on my RX 480/FX-3850 last November/December.

I still haven't played it and heard there's really no story in Dishonored 2, anymore. Not sure that makes any sense but I'm not interested in spoilers. Another issue I have is the new drm they use denuvo. After living through the hell of drm(s) in 2000s, like starforce or ubi's game breaking or sony's almost rootkits, I can wait awhile. I really do like the original, aamf it's still installed on my system atm.

No story?

Ehm, there was quite a lot of story in the part of it that I played :)

No story?

Ehm, there was quite a lot of story in the part of it that I played :)
Good to know, like I said, just what I was told. I think the person was trying to explain a/the new style of gameplay?

I enjoyed 2 more than 1. This was a very fun game. The story was fine, not great but not bad.

Seems well optimized at this point as well. I like both games in the series, but yes 2 does build upon the original in many excellent ways so it's not just more of the same. And plenty of story too, but the gameplay and environments is where it shines.

Haven't finished it yet (also was distracted somewhere after mission 4), but actually it's an ok game and does have a story. Some new stuff, more of the old stuff... Will probably finish it one day (not sure about the latest Deus Ex, though).

I hope they offer a demo for PS4 :)

It's stinking on my SSD since it was released and because of other games I haven't even scratched it. Can't play more than one game at a time.

Said before, the first game is a masterpiece.
I hope they offer a demo for PS4 :)
A masterpiece. On PC. Some things in the first game are possible only on PC.
Dunno if it's sequel is a masterpiece too. Yet.

Hmm the game is also on the steam sale, 50% off, till April 11th. It's tempting me. ;-)

Daniel.

Couldn't resist the 50% off :)

I may buy it at that price too. I didn't get into the original that much. The type of stealth was boring to me. I'm not much into assassination games, prefer sneaking past.

I wonder if the demo and the sale means the game didn't make as much as anticipated. Not every game can be Skyrim, Zenimax.

I wonder if the demo and the sale means the game didn't make as much as anticipated. Not every game can be Skyrim, Zenimax.

That would be my guess as well. There were quite a few complains when the game was released and, I guess, Beth wants to show that they listened and acted. I will find out if they listened soon enough.
But I liked D1 and would have bought D2 anyway so I treat buying it at half the price as a reward for being patient:)

Is it "safe" to play this demo in terms of spoilers if you haven't played the first game yet or should that be strictly avoided because of certain things you'd rather want to find out by playing through the original game first?

Is it "safe" to play this demo in terms of spoilers if you haven't played the first game yet or should that be strictly avoided because of certain things you'd rather want to find out by playing through the original game first?

Some of the first game "plot twists" are shown in the early part of the game, so not safe.

Back
Top Bottom