What games are you playing now?

Thanks for the mini-review. I'll play 76 again I'm sure but I'm in no hurry. I'm waiting for a TempDart or TempAgnan to show up and review it.
It's definitely worth firing up again if you liked FO3 or FO4 at all. Even if you're sick to death of FO76, just ignore the core game loop as much as possible and explore the new content (new settlements, raiders, proper quests). You can even bring allies back to your camp and they'll hang around while you do a quest line related to them (then I guess you kick them out and get a different ally for a different set of quests).

Of course, new content means new bugs. I had an ally accidentally walk on a trap I'd set outside my house, so he started shooting up all my structures. This woke up all of my turrets, who also started shooting up my structures. Logged out before too much damage was caused.

Yep, that's why I'm waiting a while. I'll definitely give it a go eventually. The last time I played, the only real fun was to wait until the golf course/hotel got nuked and to run around and kill radiated ghouls and collect uber loot. Then they nerfed it and there wasn't really a game there.

Did they change it so the overseer can be found alive and interacted with in the update? It seems like that would be the logical thing to do, but we're talking Bethesda here.

Did they change it so the overseer can be found alive and interacted with in the update? It seems like that would be the logical thing to do, but we're talking Bethesda here.
Yep, that's exactly what they did. She even has a house, and I recently did a quest where she accompanied me :)

That Xcom Chimera game looks pretty good to me, waiting to hear what a mate thinks about it myself before making a decision. It doesn't have to be super deep to lure me in for a long stay!!

I played a few hours of Operencia, a party based blobber. My initial reaction was quite positive. Nice, crisp graphics (smooth even on my potato), potentially interesting mechanics, and a refreshingly whimsical tone. My interest dwindled during ganeplay though. The opening area, a submerged dungeon, was nicely done overall. The second level was a bland forest full of spiders though, which was less engaging, and the combat was getting a bit wearisome - the mechanics weren't as interesting in practice as I thought they might be. Ultimately, the party banter led to me putting it down. There are no conversation options, so you just click through the vapid blah-blah for lore. It would be much better if the banter was briefer, but they even comment at length on fairly simple puzzles - eg, a mouth in the floor that says "feed me" led to a whole banter about maybe needing to find some food to put into the mouth. Thanks - I got that. Shortly after that I decided I'd had enough and quit.

I've now fired up Beautiful Desolation, which is an adventure game rather than an RPG but does have convo options etc. It looks great, lovely isometric artstyle, and it's certainly atmospheric. I'm only an hour in but I think I'll be sticking with this one to the end.

Needed a break from BG2 and Kingmaker, and after watching an hilarious review of it I decided to try Dungeon Siege 1 (better late than blablablah).
It's cool, mindless fun, wrecking everything with a party of height badass motherquester!

Finally went back to play Shadowrun: Hong Kong. But the Whistleblower mission just totally locks my display every time. I'm bummed about that. It's not like it's particularly taxing graphically; just some annoying bug.

So I picked up a bunch of games on the Squeenix GoG sale including the Deus Ex, Thief and Dungeon Siege games (yes, already owned most on Steam).

Playing Dungeon Siege 2 - as I remember it is a fun romp that has some amount to do, not so much of an 'auto-ply' like the first, but has definitely aged over the last 14 years! haha

I'm still playing X4. It's taken hold of my mind like no other game since Crusader Kings II. It's certainly not perfect, but it's also a masterpiece.

Playing Dungeon Siege 2 - as I remember it is a fun romp that has some amount to do, not so much of an 'auto-ply' like the first, but has definitely aged over the last 14 years! haha
Yeah, but I still find DS1 more fun. It kind of plays like a mix of Diablo and Age of Empires combats, it's quite relaxing after the insane mage fights of BG2 endgame (those effing lichs!) and the long battles of Kingmaker in turn-based mode.

And you only can have a four men party in DS2, wich is very, very sad.
Also, no pack mules.
Nuff said.

Last edited:
Still suffering from post-completion blues.

That said, I'm having a great time with a little retro-project involving an 8 TB HyperSpin collection and a nice setup for those 90.000 games or however many there are.

Not that I'm likely to ever really play them - but still.

Last edited:
Late to the party edition V 24868345:
Bard's Tale 4: Director's Cut
A pleasant surprise to me so far (cca 15 hrs in):
- Quirky but understated satire (Larian, this is how to do comedy!)
- Excellent combat (simple AND strategical)
- Great balance (relatively sparse combat, cool puzzles, atmospheric exploration)
- User-friendly (optional helpers, difficulty, etc)

All in all, I understand why this game dissed by the hardcore, but I'm proud to differ ;)

Just fired up Disco Elysium. Really impressed so far. Great atmosphere and writing.

Aside the aforementioned BT4, a misunderstood, modern underdog, I started to enjoy another misunderstood,modern underdog:
SaGa: Scarlet Grace Ambitions (Switch, also on PC)

This game is a bitch: had to restart for at least a dozen times until I finally "got it".
Now I'm a true believer, as this game nails so many things right.

Been itching to play Freelancer again and I found it on myabandonware.
While I was there, I found Por2( don't judge me) and surprise, surprise, I have that also running now.
It's a return to gaming glory days. Nostalgia.
I guess dungeon Lord's is next:)

So, I tried to play Neo Scavenger again. It is probably a great game, but I just can't get past the text description of things rather than the things themselves. This game has great ideas, but absolutely horrible execution. Too bad. I can't seem to play it for more than 30 minutes w/o getting bored of the UI/graphics.

The guy is making another game and even though it will be cool too, it has the same UI/graphical shortcomings of this one.

So, what I'm really replaying is Force of Nature. This is a survival game where you wake up on a beach and then start building shelters, craft tables, farming stuff, etc. It is a slower-paced survival game and is easier than most. Combat can be tough, but it is mostly optional and running away is a valid strategy.

Eventually, you'll need to find a magical device that will allow you to portal to safety, iirc. I really like this game for times when I'm just tired of endless combat and want something else to wile away the time.

I have been playing victoria 2, just finished a playthrough as Russia and had a blast colonizing most of the middle east and most of Africa...can anyone say oil money $$$!

I recently started a game of Kenshi on the recommendation of a friend. I like it so far and i'm not letting myself read any guides so I"m enjoying slowing building a foothold in the world while simultaneously learning the game mechanics.

Been itching to play Freelancer again and I found it on myabandonware.
While I was there, I found Por2( don't judge me) and surprise, surprise, I have that also running now.
It's a return to gaming glory days. Nostalgia.
I guess dungeon Lord's is next:)

I am having a blast from this web site and similar (good) abandonware ones. I am enjoying Space Hulk (original), Circuit's edge, Dungeon Master (1 & 2), Dune II, AVP2, and there are also the Silent Hill games! Brilliant stuff.

Back
Top Bottom