Xcylin - On Steam Greenlight

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The open world RPG Xcylin is looking to be greenlit on Steam.

A vast planet hidden in the outer reaches of space, ruins of a long extinct civilization. You awake in the wreck of mankind's first and only interstellar starship, lightyears away from earth. Soon to find that you are humanity's last hope for survival from a disaster. A disaster that was supposedly caused by the inhabitants of this alien planet.

As you explore strange landscapes, you can't shake off the feeling that you are not alone ...

Xcylin is an open-world RPG that puts you on a planet where you need to explore, craft, and fight in order to survive. It features a strong story and a sophisticated dungeon generation system to ensure that no two missions play the same. Many challenging dungeons with their own secrets await you, and invite you to explore the history of an ancient alien race and the technology they left behind.

Once you have finished your mission, Xcylin's fully moddable engine ensures that there is a huge amount of community-made planets waiting for you to discover.

Thanks Eye.

More information.

Lady needs to speak up.

Guys, be fair! It's not just Minecraft, it's a Minecraft mod someone put a lot of work into.

Hey guys - I'm the dev of Xcylin and no, Xcylin is not a Minecraft clone.

Let me tell you a story: back in the days when the original Doom was released, all following FPS games where called "Doom clones". Why? Simply because they also were 3D and in first person. Later the genre was then renamed to FPS because people realized that not all of these games were the same.

I think it is the same with so called "minecraft clones" - granted, that some are really just clones that even use the same textures/items/blocks/mechanics - but Xcylin like a lot of other voxel games is not one of them.

Remember how you have nothing really to do in Minecraft? I mean Minecraft is fun at first (and believe me, I played it a lot), but then it gets boring - there is nothing to do, no purpose to serve.

In Xcylin you have a story to follow. You crashlanded on this planet and you have to get back home to earth. How you do that? You have to figure it out, and when you have you got to visit a lot of interesting places (dungeons) to get what you need to finish your mission. Also you have a ton of new items and weapons to discover. Like for example transporters, replicators and items that can even manipulate the flow of time …

screenshot%2000476.jpg

screenshot02.jpg

And last but not least: Xcylin is a fully featured voxel engine, so people are able to mod it easily. With just a few lines of JavaScript code you can create your completely own type of planet with its own dungeons and with its own blocks and items. You can even share these worlds with others in-game.

screenshot 00486.png

I hope you see now that Xcylin is not just a Mincraft clone. Btw someone on Twitter proposed the term "FPE" (First Person Editor) for this new genre - and I think it's fitting.

So I will monitor this thread now, if you have any questions or comments. And as the game is not finished yet, I'm always open for suggestions on what to include.

TL;DR: It's not just a "Minecraft clone" - it has a Sci-Fi setting, a storyline and dungeons. And is fully moddable!

Back
Top Bottom