Tyranny: Bastard's Wounds - Interview @ PC Invasion

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The people of PC Invasion have interviewed matt MacLean, Julia Kernan and Mikey Dowling from Obsidian's about Bastard's Wounds an upcoming DLC for Tyranny.

PC Invasion: Whereabouts in the game’s three acts does Bastard’s Wound slot into the story?

Matt McLean: This DLC is designed to be accessible to players who are at almost any point in the game. We put most of the action in the second Act of the game, to make it accessible to players on any of the major branches of the quest.

PCI: Is that so players who may have already finished Tyranny last year will be able to jump in asap?

MM: We have a New Game Plus mode that was released [for free] alongside the last DLC [Tales from the Tiers]. Our goal with this one is to have a DLC that doesn’t require the player to have already beaten the game. If they beat the game already they can go to an old save at Act Two, or just New Game Plus their way to Act Two. Act One isn’t very long, so we figured that’s the sweet spot to get the most players.

PCI: The spell system was one thing I really enjoyed in Tyranny, will the expansion add anything to that system?

MM: With the last DLC we’ve had some modifications to the spell system in terms of balance. We’re not adding any major sigils, mainly out of a problem of multiplicity. Any new sigil has to interact with every other shape and accent. We certainly thought about it, and it’s something we kinda wanted to do, but it’s something that turned out to be more expensive than we initially thought possible.

In some ways we made the magic system so complex that adding to it is a multiplication problem out of the scope of what we were trying to do.
More information.

what a lovely experience and creation this has been

Great. I'm holding off playing until this is released, and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.

What about continuing where Tyranny left off i.e. what happens with Kyros? Is that meant to be Tyranny 2? I'm not interested in other DLC - I want to conclude my story (well, If I could be bothered to go back, I much preferred PoE)

Tyranny imo was VERY skippable for RPG vets (how it turned out), however I'd still try out a polished, expanded version. Something like a DC, or a traditional expansion pack. Hate DLCs esp. when tiny and pricy.

Back
Top Bottom