Horizon Dawn Cinematic trailer

Seems GG will finally hit it off. Was on the fence with this one, looked a bit of "Far Cry-ish", but it seems there will be more characters, quests, factions, etc than expected.
Plus, always wanted to play as tribal chick that's good at killing robo dinosaurs.

I'm up for a bit of that. The trailer is vastly more compelling than ME:A.

If I have the option of playing full melee then I'd check it out, but if I have to play a ranged character with a controller then I'm out.

triangle circle x square exclusive. Couldn't be more irritating - the video JDR linked has the same old illness of similar garbage, camera rotation is slow as dirt.

Of date, not time. I wish sites already start talking about outdated camera rotation.

This is the game I most look forward to however I have lot of reservations. My main fear is that, it will be good looking open world game with not much in it or lot if busy body tasks like found in DAI.

If I have the option of playing full melee then I'd check it out, but if I have to play a ranged character with a controller then I'm out.

This part worries me as well since I am not very good with camera control with a controller! Having said that people play FPS with controller so I guess it can't be that bad.

This is the game I most look forward to however I have lot of reservations. My main fear is that, it will be good looking open world game with not much in it or lot if busy body tasks like found in DAI.

This part worries me as well since I am not very good with camera control with a controller! Having said that people play FPS with controller so I guess it can't be that bad.

I was pretty bad with controllers as well but 300+ hours of bloodborne got me quite proficient at melee combat. Im not ready for aiming though, it would take a game I want to play even more than bloodborne to get me to go through that. I'm not sure this is that game.

I wouldn't go in expecting great characters, story or side quests…not really the strongest point for Guerilla games.
Hunting will be majority of activities, in game.
Still this is whole damn lot better than picking up shards or Ubisoft towers:

https://youtu.be/lwI6-jKlsO0?t=103

I think this + FFXV will have me purchasing a PS4 in the near future.

Wait until I buy those two, play them, then sell it as a triple bundle, 10% discount. ( Price is negotiable ;) )

Wait until I buy those two, play them, then sell it as a triple bundle, 10% discount. ( Price is negotiable ;) )

Well you can do game share on PS4 and it works really well. I buy digital game and me and my brother can both play it at the same time and its legal too! We cut the price in half so may be you can JDR can do the same :)

Well it sure has production values out the ying yang. It's surprising that it's got a female lead, too. An awful lot of shooting for a console controller, though - I know from experience that I'll hate that.

Too many open world games these days require you to go around doing boring tasks. Sealing all of those rifts to gain power in Inquisition was just really boring. I've not played Witcher 3 but I heard quests in that are a lot more interesting.

This exclusive just because developer is Sony's subsidiary got overwhelming reviews. Mostly from sites I've never heard about.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn

But one caught my eye instantly.
Jum Sterling claims this game is better than The Witcher 3:
http://www.thejimquisition.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/ (TW3 8.5/10)
http://www.thejimquisition.com/horizon-zero-dawn-review/ (HZD 9.5/10)
Sorry Jim. I love yout vids, but a pathetic exclusive with mechs being mobs only to avoid hairworks spectacle… Can't believe this thing is better than TW3.

Another nonanonymous site, Eurogamer, the site that hates everything PC basically says the whole thing feels great at first but generally lacks of "spice" which makes the game pretty forgettable:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-19-horizon-zero-dawn-review
Horizon Zero Dawn is a work of considerable finesse and technical bravado, but it falls into the trap of past Guerrilla games in being all too forgettable. For all its skin-deep dynamism it lacks spark; somewhat like the robotic dinosaurs that stalk its arrestingly beautiful open world, this is a mimic that's all dazzle, steel and neon yet can feel like it's operating without a heart of its own.

Seems overall very positive. Story and side quests isn't highlight, but so far as it isn't crap, gameplay will carry the game.
Easy Allies are among the better outlets:

Back
Top Bottom