RPGDot - Returned from Slumber

Why do some people have an
rpgdotlogo.gif
above their avatars?
I don't know. I looked into it at the time, but couldn't figure it out. I probably have not spent enough time on trying to get it fixed though.

Its too bad about the hosted sites - I imaging a lot of people (definitely not me) are interested in the gothic site. I liked the Ultima.dot.
The information is not completely gone. everything placed in the database can still be found here: https://rpgdot.rpgwatch.com/localhost/rpgdot.rpgwatch.com/httpdocs/indexa4ee.html?hsaction=10063
What is missing is everything stored as a file in the hosted site, like images.
There is also something with processing links. The crawler I used sees gothic.rpgdot.com as an external link, so this page shows Gothic maps as thumbs, but the maps link to gothic.rpgdot.com. As someone bought the RPGDot domain and put up some placeholder pages, it will forward everyone to that page. However the actual maps are in the gallery.

The top 100 at RPGDot is flawed. We started this off by allowing unregistered users to vote as well. Many were serious about it, but some others were not and gave a game a score of 1 or 10. For a time we tried to keep up and remove anything we considered to be spam, but I don't think we were very good at it. At some point we restricted scoring to registered users only, so we could at least see who scored what.
If I would introduce a rating system for games at RPGWatch, I would allow voting only for registered members, with a minimum amount of posts and require the need for entering a minimum amount of words as explanation of that vote.

It was the Top 100 for unregistered users that brought me to RPGDot. No Mutants Allowed or the just as horrible other Fallout fan site linked to it to run up the score for their favourite game.

I noticed a lot of accounts named "name" created just to drag a bunch down.

Then, not only did I see LuckyDay voting up games, his very good friend at his work IP Address, RPGFred, voted for the exact same ones. I had forgotten about RPGFred. I wonder how he is doing.

Does anyone know what Elixer, the game at the bottom, is? It looks like a Korean Diablo clone. I can't find any information on it except to link to a same named Playstation children's game.

No information? The game names are links, if you click on them it opens a page with all the info RPGDot had. Apparently we even had a review for it :)

Back
Top Bottom