GOG Games - Seven D&D Games Added

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Seven classic Dungeon & Dragons games have been added to the GOG library.

Warsaw, October 27 - At the behest of mighty benefactors, you have made a thousand-hour journey through the Forgotten Realms. You reminisce upon your experiences, the critical hits and the skill checks. Little do you know that your quest is far from complete. At dawn, you choose a new path through the DRM-free realm of GOG.com, and seek more adventure in the realms of Krynn, Dark Sun, and Ravenloft.
The GOG.com Dungeons & Dragons story continues with three packs containing seven, long lost RPGs making digital premieres.
--Dungeons & Dragons: Ravenloft Series - featuring Strahd's Possession, Stone Prophet.
--Dungeons & Dragons: Krynn Series - featuring Champions of Krynn, Death Knights of Krynn, The Dark Queen of Krynn.
--Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun Series - featuring Shattered Lands, Wake of the Ravager.
"The missing pieces of cRPG history are coming back together," says Oleg Klapovsky, GOG.com's VP of Business Development and Operations. "Whether it's the legendary Forgotten Realms, the extensive world of Krynn, the broken Dark Sun universe, or the gothic realm of Ravenloft - we're excited to be a small part of it all."
GOG.com previously released a collection of 12 D&D: Forgotten Realms classics, and it's thanks to a continuing cooperation between GOG.com and Wizards of the Coast that seven more Dungeons & Dragons titles return - All fully compatible with modern systems.
More information.

Last edited:
And the original Pathologic with a layer of HD polish and upgraded translations is up for pre-order. :)

Yay for Dark Sun. I guess. I've tried replaying them recently and couldn't get past how badly balanced (face-rollingly easy) they are.

I think the Dark Sun setting would probably work well using a Skyrim/FO3-type engine, with some modification of the magic skills of course. It has the benefit of being at least somewhat unique.

Woohoo! I never got into Dragonlance, and the Ravenloft games never grabbed me, but it's good to finally get Dark Sun out there. Great setting, good game.

I wonder if they did any additional bug-fixing for the Dark Sun games. Aren't they notorious for the amount of bugs and glitches?

I've never tried the Ravenloft games but they actually look really cool, and they haven't aged too badly. I can't say the same for the Krynn games though. Those look significantly older than Dark Sun or Ravenloft imo.

I wonder if they did any additional bug-fixing for the Dark Sun games. Aren't they notorious for the amount of bugs and glitches?

Someone over at the Codex is investigating into what triggers the bug that ruins the endgame battle in Shattered Lands. It seems nobody had it ever pinned down so I doubt anyone fixed it

I've never tried the Ravenloft games but they actually look really cool, and they haven't aged too badly. I can't say the same for the Krynn games though. Those look significantly older than Dark Sun or Ravenloft imo.

They are. They're Gold Box games, so they're quite a bit earlier. I do remember the Dark Sun games being pretty damn buggy; the second one in particular.

Nice, I'm actually started getting back into DnD after watching Critical Role (Amazing amazing show btw, anyone who loves DnD should absolutely love it) and even thinking of going to my local game store to try to play some. Its really a shame they didnt make more Ravenloft games, the atmosphere in it is awesome.

They are. They're Gold Box games, so they're quite a bit earlier. I do remember the Dark Sun games being pretty damn buggy; the second one in particular.

Ravenloft Stradt's Possession was also pretty buggy at launch. That was the first using a new engine which the sequel and Menzoberranzan would also use.
I liked the Krynn games. I played them on the Amiga. They were very similar to the Forgotten Realms Gold Box games, except the setting was Krynn in the Dragonlance world.

That's crazy! I was just reading about the Ravenloft series last night for some reason. I looked to see if GOG had them and was disappointed they didn't. Didn't have to wait long though, LOL.

About Dark Sun, I remember playing Wake of the Ravager waaaaaaaay back when on a DOS machine, but if I recall correctly I rage quit due to bugs. Still had some good times though. Never played the first one, may give it a go now.

Oh wow, loved the Ravenloft series and never had the opportunity to play the Krynn games!

DQoK was the first color FRPG I played on a Mac. Still have good memories of that one. GoldBox games are pretty dated now, but I still like the turn-based combat system.

In this day and age of everyone seeming to love tactical combat games, I'd love to see the gold box game-type make a glorious comeback. You probably wouldn't even need an uber machine to run them, new games I mean.

Are there any D&D games missing now (Specifically the SSI ones)?

I guess soon we'll see one of those uber sales where you get every game for something like $25.

Back
Top Bottom