NieR: Automata - The Anti Assassins Creed

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pliny exhaustively examines Nier Automata (Spoilers ahead!) and compares it with Assassins Creed:

Nier Automata Is The Anti Assassins Creed: Or It's All About Perspective

Nier Automata is a ps4 console exclusive by a once revered developer in crisis whose previous two games were one of the worst reviewed in history and a game that almost single-handedly ruined a beloved Nintendo franchise.

Published by a company who has been more known lately for unrealistic sales goals and bloated development budgets than for the good games they’ve been releasing there were few reasons to expect it to be a success. But it was a success. The game has sold over 2 million copies and received near universal praise from players and critics alike. So.. why? Why was Nier Automata such a resounding success? Well that ends up being a lesson on scope, depth, having a focused vision and knowing what’s important and what isn’t.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

"Nier Automata is a ps4 console exclusive..."??

Near universal praise?

A mushroom autoaim/autoexecute game that reboots it's "story" compared with parkour environment puzzler?
Is this supposed to be a joke?

I still want to know what "Nier" means.
Why not "The Knights of the Ni" ?

A non-stop exercise in up-skirting animations.
I got an achievement for that. (I swear I was just trying to get an epic screenshot!!)

Very overhyped and unvonvincing video. I didnt see anything resembling great art design. That comparion of movements in Nier and AC:O was pretty funny because I would say direct opposite opinion. Movement in pretty boring Nier world looks boring while movement in beautifull AC:O world looks ok or nice :)... at least for some time.

Back
Top Bottom