Fallout: NV 2 - Rumour @fraghero

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
FragHero has a source that seems to suggest Fallout: New Vegas 2 is coming from Obsidian.

If you think about it from a business perspective. This makes sense. Fallout: New Vegas is estimated to have sold around 12 million copies worldwide. It also received a Golden Joystick Award for ‘RPG of the Year' in 2011.

Gamers have been begging for a Fallout: New Vegas 2 sequel for seven years. It looks like their desperate cries have been heard.

Here's what we know: (according to source)

- Upcoming reveal is planned, possibly for E3.
- Obsidian is involved.
- We'll go fucking nuts, and run around naked in the streets in joy.

Our source promises us he will have actual tangible evidence in the next couple of days. Stay tuned.
More information.

I won't get hyped until I see actual evidence, but it's really good news if it's true.

If that becomes reality i will be extactic. Until then...no actual reason to be. Especially after the horrendous Fallout 4.

I could not play FNV for long due to that terrible engine and combat but I would like a proper Fallout story and characters in much superior F4 engine.

Sounds too good to be true ;) I haven't even considered buying Fallout 4 since I read about the base building, crafting system and power armour in the first few minutes of the game. Obsidian would at least show the license a little bit more respect.

Woo, you didn't just make all this up to make me quit lurking and post more did you Silver? :D Way to drop a story-nuke there sir!

I loved New Vegas, so this is a most fascinating prospect indeed. Whilst I completely concur with Bjon045 above, if true, it'll be interesting to know Obsidian's exact involvement now that we ostensibly live in a post-Avellone/Fenstermaker era, both of whom were key components of NV's success. Perhaps they can be hired as free agents, who knows? Naturally, I'm very keen to hear some more. :)

Edit:
Ahh well, I got sucked in big time for that one. Guess I'll keep my guard up for future rumours! Back to existential Fallout nuclear void!

Last edited:
I'd say there is 84% chance this isn't true.
Drithius is an inside source here, I'm sure of it. ;)

I'm confused. Does this mean an early release of fallout 5 ? Or is fallout NV not really fallout but some alternative game ?

It's more like a spinoff, Fallout New Vegas wasn't Fallout 4 even if it fallowed Fallout 3.

Saying that, I personally do not believe Obsidian is working on a Fallout game. Lots of people believed the teaser on Obsidian website two weeks ago was related to Fallout and that Project Louisiana was a Fallout game, but it's just POEII.

If true instabuy. If not, ah well, there's always Grimoire.

I still have to play Fallout 4 and Wasteland 2 through. All my gaming time goes to these games and then new ones arrive. Maybe I need to start concentrating only on handful of games. Fallouts, Wastelands and then maybe Witcher-series.

Based on the little bits of "evidence" that writer swept up off the floor, it could mean anything.

That's not to say I wouldn't lose my mind over a Fallout: New Vegas sequel...especially if it were done in a better engine. :)

I'm afraid. Obsidian isn't living their best days and I hated Fallout 4. I love Fallout New Vegas and I'm afraid as hell they actually try to make a sequel and screw it. Just let Fallout die in peace, please. :(

bethesda, greatly screwed Obsidian over, despite NV being a better game. There's also no way it would be on a different engine than what bethesda is using, since there wouldn't be any modding otherwise.

While I preferred Fallout 3 over NV in some ways (yeah, I said it :p), I'd definitely be into another Obsidian Fallout. Why not? 2 different takes on the open-world Fallout world is not a bad thing...

Almost tempted to fire up New Vegas again soon anyway and see what I think of it now. I did play it on console back when and while it was overall good it felt smaller in scope and content than Fallout 3 at the time.

Almost tempted to fire up New Vegas again soon anyway and see what I think of it now. I did play it on console back when and while it was overall good it felt smaller in scope and content than Fallout 3 at the time.

I can kinda get where you're coming from…though (please don't hate me)…I almost felt like F3 was arguably bigger/more wide open, but…also a little bit emptier, somehow? FNV felt way more substantial to me…more immersive, more atmospheric, and much better written. :) Just more solid overall.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 much more than FNV. Basically because of the lack of a cohesive story. To me, Obsidian does well with story and dialog and sucks everywhere else. Bethesda is strong on exploration and level design, but sucks at dialog and tying things together in general. Since I can roleplay without help, I prefer the Bethesda way of doing things. For those that need a story to be motivated to play their role, Obsidian wins.

Either way, I'd buy FNV2 in a split second. I thought the Fallout 4/Skyrim SE engine is fine for a spin-off game. I want to see a totally new engine for TES VI or Fallout 5 though. Obsidian could use the cash infusion from a Bethesda backed game. I'm sure Freakus made sure to get a better deal this time, if this isn't just a silly rumor….

Finally, I expect it's just a silly rumor or else Obsidian wouldn't be working on Pewee 2.

Back
Top Bottom