The Bard's Tale IV - Brian Fargo On Bringing Back The Bard’s Tale

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Having successfully brought Wasteland back to life with the help of 61,920 of its closest friends, Brian Fargo and inXile Entertainment are turning their attentions to another classic RPG – The Bard’s Tale.

Fargo: If you remember, back in the day the dungeon crawler used to be the biggest RPG category – Might and Magic and Wizardry and all those – and it’s always been near and dear to my heart. […] I love the tightness of mapping things out, and being teleported and put in dark areas and all that. […] We like to torture you just a little bit. […] And the ones where the players can blame themselves are even better – they pushed on, knew they shouldn’t, paid the consequence.
You’ll need to wait until the start of June to see it in action unfortunately, since inXile still finishing up their presentation for the Kickstarter, but it’s a fully 3D world of both indoor and outdoor locations that looks like a 3DMark demo.

Fargo confirmed that players will be able to create their entire party of adventurers. He also speculates about incorporating Oculus Rift. Whaa?

More information.

Last edited:
but it’s a fully 3D world of both indoor and outdoor locations that looks like a 3DMark demo. The closest touchstones are Legend of Grimrock 2 and Might and Magic X, and it makes both of them look as retro as the games they’re building on

I'm interested to see if this assessment is true or not. It's hard to tell from the article whether this quote was from Fargo or added by RPS after the fact.

Back
Top Bottom