Video on cancelled Prey II

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

This seems still pretty unclear and controversial, but damn what a sleazy move from Bethesda if true.
The game looked sleek as hell though. ( But not up to Bethesda's standards? What? They have those? :p)

What a shame. Prey 2 looked like it would be incredible fun. Zenimax is shit, second only to EA. "Not up to our quality standards" LOL!

New Prey looks derivative as hell in comparison.

Idk, I think the new Prey looks like it might be pretty good, and I have faith in Arkane Studios. I wish both games could have been released though, especially since Prey 2 was so far along in development. Also, he says it was Bethesda who canceled Prey 2, although I suppose Zenimax could have been involved directly as well.

On a side note... it's still possible to obtain the original Prey on Steam if you know where to look. Seeing that video inspired me to search for it. At first I thought I was going to have to pirate it since it's no longer being sold, but it turns out there are still some keys left on G2A.com. I purchased one for under $6, and I can confirm it works on Steam.

Zenimax is shit, second only to EA.

I'm not sure they are even near. EA is profit above else, but this seems more like Soprano family epizode.
I've read about similar thing happening with Arkane studios during development of Dishonored. Zenimax "kindly" stepped up to to offer loans and when Bethesda started rejecting milestones, gave them an ultimatum: sell the studio or pay back.

The video shows it all: blank, outdated, as original as the common crowdfunded project.
Plant NPCs, narrow field of view, blend of multiple influences that set it too close to products like ME, openworld that could have it set equal to Maffia 3…

Their new Prey has that touch that set it apart, that gives it characterization.

The video shows it all: blank, outdated, as original as the common crowdfunded project.
Plant NPCs, narrow field of view, blend of multiple influences that set it too close to products like ME, openworld that could have it set equal to Maffia 3…

Their new Prey has that touch that set it apart, that gives it characterization.

Chien, I don't think you're insane as some people may think, it's more likely you enjoy posting contrarian opinion on everything, no matter how extreme.
In this case it's more comical in how you managed to pull this off…only similarity with ME is "It has aliens!". Tone, style and aestethics, level design, gameplay, and plethora of other things are drastically different. And sci fi setting with playing as bounty hunter, first person, in futuristic massive alien cities looking similar to Blade Runner... is seen where exactly?
And from the public reception, publisher could be very optimistic about it( which they directly stated, until they changed their tune close to release).
New "Prey", on other hand, is blatantly wearing Dishonored/Bioshock tag on it's sleeve. (While Arkane is well recognized in the industry, their games are looking very similar to one another and follow same, core "philosophy").

Chien, I don't think you're insane as some people may think,
Projection case. This opinion was expressed by one person only on this site. Which is the same person painting it as of thought by some people.
it's more likely you enjoy posting contrarian opinion on everything, no matter how extreme.
There was no opinion depicting the cancelled prey as not reminding of ME.
In this case it's more comical in how you managed to pull this off…only similarity with ME is "It has aliens!". Tone, style and aestethics, level design, gameplay, and plethora of other things are drastically different. And sci fi setting with playing as bounty hunter, first person, in futuristic massive alien cities looking similar to Blade Runner… is seen where exactly?
5:32 and on has an Omega feel to it
New "Prey", on other hand, is blatantly wearing Dishonored/Bioshock tag on it's sleeve. (While Arkane is well recognized in the industry, their games are looking very similar to one another and follow same, core "philosophy").
That is it. Prey is straightly associated to Dishonoured and Arkane. It is easily recognized as one of their products. Since Arkane is published, the publisher might prefer to be easily recognized and associated to rather than a bland product that provides no characterization, can be connected to a product that recall another publisher.

If one thing can be said for certain, it's not to expect an Arx Fatalis II anytime soon. Pinning all my hopes for an underworld dungeon crawler on Underworld Ascendant.

There was no opinion depicting the cancelled prey as not reminding of ME.

Probably because you're the only one who mentioned this. ;)

5:32 and on has an Omega feel to it
Outside of "It has aliens and a disco", everything looks different…color palette, architecture, level design and so on. They both share obvious similarities, though, from Star Wars in creature design.
Plus the game was being developed prior to ME II and without any of it's influence.
That is it. Prey is straightly associated to Dishonoured and Arkane. It is easily recognized as one of their products. Since Arkane is published, the publisher might prefer to be easily recognized and associated to rather than a bland product that provides no characterization, can be connected to a product that recall another publisher.

Nonsense… Prey is not in any way "associated" with Arkane or Dishonored, since they did not work on first and which was entirely different from any of their previous titles.
I think what you're trying to say is that Arkane's name may leverage some assurance of quality to coming game ( same as Platinum games is contracted for action games), but it is obvious and confirmed by devs/publishers that it has nothing in common, other than the name, with the other "two" Prey titles.
And the reason why cancelling "this" Prey was disappointing was precisely because of it's interesting player role and the setting…anything but "bland", if going by user comments on any article/video related to both titles.

Probably because you're the only one who mentioned this. ;)
Hence no contrarian opinion.

Nonsense… Prey is not in any way "associated" with Arkane or Dishonored, since they did not work

It should follow that the comment made on the quotation related to the prey named in the quotation, not any other.

I was really hyped for Prey 2. It pissed me off when it didn't happen. And the new Prey game looks completely different.

New "Prey", on other hand, is blatantly wearing Dishonored/Bioshock tag on it's sleeve.

It means they managed an excellent work. Prey IP changed hands. Prey was originally published by 2k games, that also published Bioshock.

As Prey blatantly wears dishonoured/bioshock tag, it means they manage to build a bridge between the two eras as they link the old publisher and the new publisher.

It means they managed an excellent work. Prey IP changed hands. Prey was originally published by 2k games, that also published Bioshock.

As Prey blatantly wears dishonoured/bioshock tag, it means they manage to build a bridge between the two eras as they link the old publisher and the new publisher.

At least the way I see it, every IP should try to distinguish themselves with their own qualities and setting different design goals and focus on improving them, above else. What is the point of continuing a series, if not a single thing is recognizable outside of it's name?
Playing it "safe" and homogenizing everything is one of biggest points of criticism for modern AAA ( and probably one of reasons for buyer's fatigue that we've seen recently).

This showed up, eurogamer. Seems more info should show up in few days, this should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom