PSA: Make money off your Steam games.

I just wouldn't waste the time. I guess if you really need money bad enough....

People are not reinvesting, they're just doing it to increase their steam level. There are minor benefits to having a high steam level, like getting a higher droprate for "boosters", and being able to get a larger friends list, and at some intervals you're able to get some more elements for your profile page on steam, like being able to have an extra achievement showcase and such, but really, it's mainly about getting that number indicating your steam level go up. And this is not a new phenomena. People were buying crap games for Xbox 360 to get achievements, which in turn made a counter go up. There was no real gain to it, all that happened was that a counter went up.

This scheme has it all: a endless loop that channels resources toward itself. Could be made a study case to explain last centuries conception over economy.

thats not a good money source.

in my country we have to pay for electric current and a modern pc uses a lot of it if you go idle to farm cards.

and you shorten the lifetime of your pc components with every minute while leaving your pc on.

thats not a good money source.

in my country we have to pay for electric current and a modern pc uses a lot of it if you go idle to farm cards.

and you shorten the lifetime of your pc components with every minute while leaving your pc on.

A good money source? of course not, you won't retire from doing it. But a nice way to get a free game? absolutely. I started using it like less than a week ago and got $10 in credit. I don't have to use it anymore as it already went through my library. PCs use little power if you're not actually playing, monitor off, etc.

You can do both at once! I know people who just leave Idle master on while they work. I've actually considered doing it as well, but I'm too lazy to set it up.

Wait until electricity bill shows up. Then you'd have to sell even more Steam cards to pay for it, which causes cost to go even higher, components wear off...sooner or later, you're stuck in Steam cards hellhole. ;)

Back
Top Bottom