Eschalon Book 1 Question

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
I created a magic user but put points into bows. How do I switch between magic and normal weapons? All my right click does is execute magic and I want to use different approaches. Also I think I know the answer to this already, but I have no mini map. Do I need cryptography and can I add it at the next level up?

Also... $3.74 on Steam? $4.99 for book 2? That was a pleasant surprise!

Hey.

Got you the manual.
I didn't read it to look up your info.
I leave that to you.

Hope it helps.

PS : And yes, you need cartography and you can get it at next level. You can even buy points in that from the Innkeeper iirc.

Last edited:
OK thanks for that I've got that figured out. New issue - the red and blue highlighting in the paper doll on items... for example my boots are highlighted red and my metal cap is highlighted blue. I don't see any character effects and I don't see anything in the manual to indicate what that means. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Red border means you have no skill in that type of equipment and are therefore penalized, and blue border means that equipment has magical or special properties. You're better off being naked than wearing a piece of armor or wielding a weapon that you are unskilled in.

I'm also playing it at the moment, (until Dungeons of Dredmor is released).

What he said. :biggrin:

For future help, I suggest you visit the The Druken Lizard Pub.
You'll probably get much faster and precise responses there.
Not that I'm saying that it is not the case here.

Hope it helps in your exploration and discoveries of this great game and world.

Yeah the game is very surprising. I wasn't expecting this much polished content. Some of the little details too, like "effective" use of porticus controls when chased by thugs!

You've just begone.
It'll get even better.
Wait 'till you start making potions, armour and other stuff. (ie. read books).

Anyway, using the porticulis is a good strategy but use it seldomly 'cause you don't get xp for the kills.

I've made a few potions. I used the porticus liberally on the random encounters :) You get 1/2 XP for being creative, but yes it is a limited strategy.

Well there we are... 2:30 in the frikken morning. The game continues to impress me. I guess you could call my guy an arcane archer. It's like Devine Divinity meets BG1 sort of, but miniturized. Great game balance too. Not too hard and definitely not too easy. Nice job Basilisk! It's a real charmer. Great music too.

LOL.
I was just messing arround with the second book just now myself.

I don't bother with bows.
Arrows cost money.
Use spells. :)

Move away diagonaly to distance the foes.
Cast. Run. Repeat. You need good mana regen for this.

Cool to see the games getting some recognition again...I was a beta tester on both:)

Back
Top Bottom