RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2013 Awards: Best RPG

Shadowrun beats out Nothing by a nose.... well, I needed time to finish Skyrim's DLC anyway. (Plus all those 4X games!)

I am kinda surprised that Shadowrun won by such a big margin. A game with a lot of flaws but I guess the brand just attracted the most people.

I am also kinda shocked or disappointed that BG EE made it to spot 3. On the other hand I am glad it did. Because otherwise XCOM would have received this third place.

And while Avadon 2 also had it's flaws it deseverd better. :(

I am also disappointed that BG2:EE made it to third spot and I voted for it in my top three. Disappointed because it illustrates what a lousy year it was for new RPG's that I had to.

Well, as I stated before, there were plenty of other CRPGs that were not in the list. And some of them were actually quite nice eg. "Moorhuhn - Tiger & Chicken".

Also Dungeon Gate and Moonchild come to mind.

BTW: I'm glad that Avadon 2 didn't get a medal.

Well, as I stated before, there were plenty of other CRPGs that were not in the list. And some of them were actually quite nice eg. "Moorhuhn - Tiger & Chicken".

Also Dungeon Gate and Moonchild come to mind.

BTW: I'm glad that Avadon 2 didn't get a medal.
Every year we ask in the forum if we have forgotten to include games in the list. If we don't know what's missing, we can't put it on the list. So if a game you care about is missing, tell us before the voting starts.

Every year we ask in the forum if we have forgotten to include games in the list. If we don't know what's missing, we can't put it on the list. So if a game you care about is missing, tell us before the voting starts.

This wasn't meant as criticism. Those games were only released in very few countries, so a voting doesn't make sense.

AFAIR Drakensang 2 was on the list in the year it was released in english speaking terretories, not in that of the german release.

This award highlights the fact that 2013 was probably the worst RPG year in quite a while. Luckily, we're now in 2014, which could be a fantastic year for RPGs.

Last edited:
He is not in 2014 yet. ;)

With the magic of my post #3000 I beam you all into the present-day world :)

Thank you! My not has now been corrected to a now, thanks to your enlightening post #3000.

A pity...I was really hoping for "Expeditions:Conquistador", in the first place. Rather annoying to see it beaten by a game that felt mostly like an alpha-build of pretty high potential.

I haven't played any of the winners yet, other than the original version of BG2. I liked Path of Exile, but when I tried it had constant connection issues, though it seems to be improved now. I didn't really consider XCom and Bioshock to be RPGs, but ended up voting for XCom anyway. Driftmoon was pretty good, but didn't play it as much as XCom.

My problem is that I stay behind the curve, and have a large backlog. If you had asked what RPG I played the most in 2013 instead of what was released that year, the answer would have been Dark Souls. I just started Mars War Logs last week and have been enjoying that, but too late for a 2013 vote.

Back
Top Bottom