Skyshine's BEDLAM - Version 2.0 is Live

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bedlam version 2.0 is here and a Mac version is coming soon.

We've been working non-stop over the past 6 weeks post release on getting 2.0 completed, QA has just signed off on the build and it is now available on Steam! We've made a lot of changes and added a lot of polish based on feedback from the community, If you think you know Bedlam you don't know 2.0!

We added a campaign and challenge modes to the game. This new experience is a minimum of 10 hours of game play. With each successful run to Aztec City you will unlock a new dozer! With each run you will bring new allies to your cause ultimately taming the harsh lands of Bedlam! If you are able to unlock the formidable AI dozer you will face the ultimate challenge with crew from all 4 factions along for the adventure!

Challenge mode pits you against the four forms of Bedlam's meanest overlord King Viscera! You get a random dozer and a random crew, with three random champion elite units...can you beat one of the games toughest challenges?

Some of the new additions to 2.0

• Added the campaign structure, also Practice and Challenge modes.
  • Game difficulty is now controlled by the Dozer progression system
  • Dozer unlocks now have a clear progression
  • Faction based crew abilities for all 4 factions
  • Balance pass on all events
  • Balance associated with crew level ups and resource rewards
  • Fewer enemies at higher threat, but they are stronger.
  • Collected resources are now only what you pickup on the battlefield.
  • Optimized all battleboards to address black screen issue
  • Added volume controls for music and SFX
Thanks Eye.

More information.

Collected resources are now only what you pickup on the battlefield.

I don't understand the reason for this. If you've killed all enemies, what keeps you from getting all the resources. The way they do it, you have to make stupid moves on the battle map just to get the resources. If they wanted a better way to put risk into resource gathering, have the enemies use up a turn to destroy resources just as you use up a turn to get them.

I found the game difficulty ridiculous. They have a system that's supposed to discourage you from lingering in the wasteland for too long because difficulty ramped up. So I tried not too dally only getting as much as I really needed and taking the shortest path through that I could. Only to find that the Boss was so ridiculously OP that you shouldve stayed as long in the wasteland as you could have gathering energy for weapons to bombard the boss withand levelling your ELITES (forget the normal units) as much as you can (I dont know how you can possibly beat him with just tactics since he practically 1 shots everybody on your team. 1 turn to get in range, 1 turn to kill someone. And when he blitzes...).

I was really looking forward to this game. I just think it hasn't lived up to its potential.

No matter what they do, the core of the game is unfixable if they don't start from scratch and they are not going to do it.

Just a failed game, a shadow of what people were expecting based on kickstarter promises.

No matter what they do, the core of the game is unfixable if they don't start from scratch and they are not going to do it.

Just a failed game, a shadow of what people were expecting based on kickstarter promises.
can you explain more about this? I have not been following this game closely but I was planning to get it eventually.

can you explain more about this? I have not been following this game closely but I was planning to get it eventually.
Disagree with CRD on the game being "unfixable". The mechanics work very well, and it's true that their original concept (rush across wasteland, beat boss, meet boss again, beat boss, meet boss again, die) crashed and burned. I still like the game a lot, and this version really does sound like 2.0, as in a complete rework of core mechanics. Even with the original release's flaws, I'm not sorry I bought it.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

Back
Top Bottom