The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Game is down again.

I brought Shadohe around last night. I'm going to try the Feydark mutt (FvS15/Bard3/Fighter2) and see how it goes. If it sucks, I'll blame Alrik. ;) I'll have RhoGu and Wouldii both around 20 soon, so I'll probably bring one of them around to try alcoholic and leave the other one for epic work.

I'd like to try to get Phuury to 30 before the level cap changes and/or we start the new group. Not sure if I'll be able to pull that off since a cleric isn't exactly cut out for solo epic work. I don't see the group running 3 levels worth of epic XP before we start the new group, either. I guess we'll see how it goes. Any requests for this week? I'd like to offer up Haunted Halls. I ran it for the first time on Shadohe recently and it was decent fun. I expect it will be virgin content for several of us. Thoughts?

Plans are changing here as I type. I may be on Friday after all. Looks like I have to wait til Friday to find out. The game is down again btw til this afternoon. The update is long so try and grab it ahead of time.

Haunted Halls is imho indeed fun, I soloed it I think late last year (?) with Ahiania, level 25. It was manageable, although only with a Healer Cleric Hireling. I think I did it on "Normal", but I'm not sure anymore.

Ahiania is, btw. , the character with which I'm slowly going towards level 30 … but that is not easy.
I'd like to do more Epic quest work with her. So, if you are in Epics and want one more player, you can ask me. Although there are time zones …

FAQ to the new Expansion : https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-isle-of-dread-purchase-faq

There'll be more Lammannia previews of it : https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showt...re-purchase!?p=6512958&viewfull=1#post6512958

I'm looking closely at the expansion and this time I'm just not seeing much reason to even upgrade to the middle tier. I already have 8 open character slots, I don't care much about the cosmetics and the mount, the perma-hireling doesn't do much for me, and I 'm just not sure an Otto's Box is worth $40. Anyone see something I'm missing?

I will be in game today

Don't tell me this is another cash buy expansion!!!! Unless there's a brilliant reason for me to get it at all, I might pass!!

Eh. I think the boxes are $50/ea in store points, so that's technically $100 right there. Still $50 if you bought points at double bonus.

I haven't found (admittedly in a brief and inconsequential search) what the hireling is, other than a raptor. Probably okay for those soloers out there, less so for those who pretty much only pop in game on Fridays. Tabaxi + Iconic for non-VIPs, I think $30/ea in points, though VIP gets at least the base race by default.

Main thing is the teleport item I guess. Not a huge thing.

I ended up grabbing the bigger bundle, mostly because I just netted a promotion and raise, and I wanted a pretty. Also I think I have all the car parts I need for my vacation.

I'm on vacation this week, so I'll be up for as long as the caffeine holds out.

What's the base cost? I am a pensioner after all!! :)

What's the base cost? I am a pensioner after all!! :)
USD 39/79/129

Level 7 content will be nice and helps fill a hole in the progression, although they still need 9, 10, and 13 far more.

That's still about $AU 52 for which I could buy a full game. Not really worth it In my estimation!! Maybe when they eventually have it on sale.

Next week while I'm out, y'all should run a little something to get the rest of the group to cap and then probably do some token farming.

I took 20. Those that have it can take it. You'll be able to run heroic and get XP. It will just need to be lvl18 or 19 content and you won't be able to reaper it. Perhaps IQ1 (Jeets)?

Frankly, I actually never understood that "Otto's Boxes" hype. I mean, there are people in the forums asking for them. Since I play more for story and immersion (which includes loot, since one needs good items to beat more difficult bosses) and the looks of that loot, I'm not in for xp.
I understand, though, that - the more past lives a character has, the more difficult it becomes to accumulate xp. And, as fas as I understood that, the O-Boxes are mainly about that, right ?

By the way, there is a famous German comedian named Otto Waalkes, so the ancient name of Otto is well known to Germans.
Actually, that name is over 1000 years old. Examples : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Herrscher_namens_Otto
Most notably this one : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_II,_Holy_Roman_Emperor His wife, Theophanu, is a known name from Cologne. (To come across her name is inevitable if one is even remotely interested in the many churches of Cologne.)

On the second and third True/Iconic/Racial Reincarnation, the XP to gain levls does increase. Hence you remaining perpetually at the wall waiting on us to catch up. After the 3rd life, it's the same for every life after; whether you have 100+ or just 4.

It's mostly for the power-gamers who want to basically skip the three kitty lives to regain racial completionist, or otherwise skip boring/unfun lives on their mains. I'll admit to having skipped a couple of terrible lives myself.

We'll be a bit before TRing anyway, need plenty of tokens. I have only 9 myself. So at least a few runs.

I noticed the new kitty has both a no-damage-from-falling enhancement, and a cleave attack, right at a low spot in their tree. The former would be great for Coal Chamber, the latter great for my more cleaves than god build. 5 Cleaves in Heroic.

JM: Trapper of Unknown Origins
CM: Spy/Diplomat
Corwin: Soulstone
Peter: Paladin
Az: Me Am Barbarian. Or maybe Bard. Bardbarian? Depends on how the group looks and whether or not it would make sense.
Alrik:
TD: Deep Woods Walker

I admit being guilty and telling you that I indeed made a "kitty", but an Alchemist. It's the only class I've never started to play with.
I have no idea how well this plays, though. It's concept looks ... still a bit complicated to me. I mean these "reactions" thing.
I'm currently almost complete with Korthos with her, so, if everyone tells me that Alchemist is good, I'd even take the "kitty" into the new group. However, I'd prefer a TR'd character, because I need to learn how to TR.

Anyone have 15 shield guardian cores they don't need? Nothing on the auction house.

I admit being guilty and telling you that I indeed made a "kitty", but an Alchemist. It's the only class I've never started to play with.
I have no idea how well this plays, though. It's concept looks … still a bit complicated to me. I mean these "reactions" thing.
I'm currently almost complete with Korthos with her, so, if everyone tells me that Alchemist is good, I'd even take the "kitty" into the new group. However, I'd prefer a TR'd character, because I need to learn how to TR.

Alchemist is quite good, as JM and myself have pointed out. The reactions I ignored myself; in practical terms I can't keep track of that while in combat, so it's not really going to be an issue. Then again, I shot things in the butt with a bow on both of my alcoholics, since I wanted to use Inquisitive, which I paid for.

Solution obviously is to TR one of your epic characters into a kitty Alchemist, and play the other one solo.

JM: Kitty Trapper of Unknown Origins
CM: Kitty Spy/Diplomat
Corwin: Dhedkhat Arcane Soulstone
Peter: Kitty Paladin
Az: Me Am Kitty Barbarian. Or maybe Kitty Bard. Bardbarian? Depends on how the group looks and whether or not it would make sense.
Alrik: Drunken Kitty
TD: Kitty Deep Woods Walker

Given that we have three ranged and one melee dps, and no confirmed casters, I may go with Bard instead, since that'll be a better support to the group than more raw dps. Or maybe a 17/3 BardBarian, for that sweet sweet 10% running speed and equally sweet supreme cleave. Warchanter of course.

Last edited:
I'll definitely run a caster; most likely either Sorc, or Wiz, but not sure yet. My Epic is a Druid and my current a Warlock, so for variety I need to switch. Might TR my now mostly useless Monk!!

Update: I have prepped my Monk by clearing the cache and selling six pages of handwraps and other junk so she can be TR'd whenever we are ready!! :)

Last edited:
Anyone have 15 shield guardian cores they don't need? Nothing on the auction house.

I might. I'll be looking today. If possible, I'll send it to you via in-game mail. To which toon ?
Edit : I'll send it to Wouldii. At least that name is easy to memorize ! ;)
Update : Check your inbox !

Basic info on the expansion : https://www.ddo.com/isle-of-dread

Among other information is this :

Gather and Craft New Gear

Show off your victories with the all new customizable Dinosaur-bone crafting system, new pirate-inspired gear, new Sentient Artifacts to hunt for, and new Augments to refine your gear!

A new crafting system ! Absolutely unexpected …

Last edited:
I might. I'll be looking today. If possible, I'll send it to you via in-game mail. To which toon ?
Edit : I'll send it to Wouldii. At least that name is easy to memorize ! ;)
Update : Check your inbox !
Thank you, you're too kind.

I just give back a bit of the kindness I receive from Team Corwin. ;)

Edit : Hints for those who want to update their Monster Manual a little bit :

Magical Beast -> Purple Worm : The worms from the last Teythamar quest count, and also the Nightcrawlers from the quest before the last Weelon quest. There is also a Nightcrawler in Epic Wheelon close to the Netheril Recrit Center (the tiny lake before it), that counts also. (Found it by sheer chance.)

Outsider -> Marilith : There is also a quest within the Inspired Quarter called "In the Demon's den", which has a Marilith also. I remember it as being *very* difficult.

Construct -> Iron Defender : In the quest "The Stormreaver Fresco", do not do the optional of NOT opening the vault chests for a surprise hidden in one of them ... But I won't spoil anything ... ;)

Outsider -> Draegloth : The only ones I know are from the Taythamar quests and the one from the "Inter-Web" quest after the destruction of the Spinner's Prison on Eberron ... The one where one has to find a passage to Eveningstar ...

Sahiagin (or how they are speled) : The "Aging" one is found ONLY in the starter quest "The Grotto" !
One of the rarest ones can be found in both quests "The Cannith Crystal" and "Sacrifices". They are so rare because they only rarel appear there !

Werewolves : In the cellar of "Lessons of Immortality" in the Feywild, there is also one ...

And remember that event bosses normally also count !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom