Red Solstice - Leaving Early Access

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Red Solstice has left Early Access and is now available as a released game on Steam with a 20% discount for one week and will also be available on Humble Bundle.

The Red Solstice is a tactical, squad-based survival game set in the distant future on Mars, playable in single-player or with up to 8 players in cooperative online multiplayer. Roam freely over huge maps, complete randomized objectives and deal with surprise events that keep you on the edge of your seat.

Survive and conquer by any means necessary. Get stronger every time. Level up to unlock new weapons and abilities. Try to survive the storm.

Take the Lead: Issue commands and set waypoints and objectives for your friends as you outsmart and outgun your way through the derelict domiciles of Tharsis.
Play Your Way, Together: With support for 8-player co-op, play as one of 8 distinct, customizable classes, each with unique abilities and traits.
Odd Jobs: Tackle an onslaught of randomly generated events with just one hour to make your mark. From zone defense to supply retrieval, you're never short of enemies to kill and objectives to complete.
Earn and Learn: Kill to earn experience points and unlock new abilities and classes. Heal allies, deploy turrets, launch grenades, set traps and much, much more.
Tactical Single-Player: Play on your own and lead a squad through a satisfying single-player campaign, and lead your squad through a wide variety of levels using The Red Solstice's Tactical Mode, which lets you issue commands while slowing down the action.
Game NOT Over, Man: Killing ain't easy. Drive back untold Martian horrors in multiple modes, maps and difficulties and get stronger every time. Even if you perish.
Here is the launch trailer.

And there is a comic book as well, available from our archives.

More information.

Contact me if anyone wants to review this game for RPGWatch. I'll provide the Steam key.

This looks pretty good. Does the singleplayer campaign have a story?

Has anyone here played it? How much of an RPG is it?

I'm not a fan of so much randomization in this kind of game. It's got some nice visuals though. I'll wait for some feedback…

I'm also a little surprised they didn't go with turn-based combat.

I would have preferred turn-based, too, but this still looks fun for when you need something not too deep.

Just played through the first mission. I like it, actually. Seems a little barebones, but it keeps adding new features.

Has a nice Aliens feel to it, as well.

Back
Top Bottom