New game: Favorite scene in a movie

D

DArtagnan

**EDIT**

If you haven't seen the movie talked about, but still want to play - just say you haven't seen it, and add your own movie+scene to the table :)

** EDIT **

I guess I should modify the rules to enable us to pick any of the already mentioned movies - to increase our chances of having actually seen one of them

** EDIT **

Ok, so I'm bored at work.

I'm fully ready to accept this is a completely crap game - and if I don't get any replies, I brought it upon myself.

Anyway, the rule is that you pick a movie and a scene. The next person replies with HIS/HER favorite scene in the same movie, and then picks a movie himself, as well as a favorite scene from that one too.

Obviously, since I'm the OP - I can't pick a scene from a movie another person picked, so I'll just name a movie and the favorite scene.

Complicated? Sorry, it's completely improvised :)

Ok….

Movie: Wall Street
Scene: The argument between father (Martin Sheen) and son (Charlie Sheen) in the elevator, after the father just called Gordon Gecko (Michael Douglas) a greedy rat.

What's YOUR favorite scene in Wall street - and what movie+scene would you like to add?

Last edited:
Movie: the sixth sense

scene: (without spoiling the plot) the scene near the end of the movie where his wife drops his wedding ring. All at once I understood! And in a heartbeat the mediocre movie I was watching turned into one of the most brilliant movies I ever saw.

good second for me:
The matrix, Neo is fighting Morpheus, who easily dodges every punch, and saids "you think that's air you're breathing?" For me the best one-line ever!

Hmm… sorry but my favorite scene of all time is the same as the previous poster…
- Sixth Sense, when the wedding ring fell from the wife's hand.
My add:
- Karate Kid 1, when Daniel-San did the flamingo kick to win (teenage me almost jumped from his seat, hell, he did jump from his seat).

Last edited:
I don't have one favorite scene. How can someone have one scene?
One scene to rule them all? There is no such thing.
I can number 87345634659345693246579 most favorite scenes if I start the list, but I have better things to do, so maybe one from the last movie I watched.

And I didn't watch much movies lately because of so much games released, the last one I didn't like much, but I'll always remember Scarlett Johansson in Lucy when finally "persuaded" by handcuff into delivering the case to a hotel, she comments it with:
Peh!

For those who didn't watch Lucy, it's yet another lousy Besson's movie with retarded script saved only by superb actress performance.

I don't have one favorite scene. How can someone have one scene?
One scene to rule them all? There is no such thing.
I can number 87345634659345693246579 most favorite scenes if I start the list, but I have better things to do, so maybe one from the last movie I watched.

And I didn't watch much movies lately because of so much games released, the last one I didn't like much, but I'll always remember Scarlett Johansson in Lucy when finally "persuaded" by handcuff into delivering the case to a hotel, she comments it with:
Peh!

For those who didn't watch Lucy, it's yet another lousy Besson's movie with retarded script saved only by superb actress performance.

I don't know what to say Joxer. This is just a fun game, I could post XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX movies scenes. Sometimes it is just a look or the way they move.

I don't get you at times, you have such a good head on your shoulders. Not everything is meant to be hated.

This could be said about a lot of movies, so why pick this one. There are a lot of directors that think they will be the next david lynch or Quentin Tarantino.

Most either miss the mark because of script, editing or the main reason they are not one of them

Last edited:
I guess I should modify the rules to enable us to pick any of the already mentioned movies - to increase our chances of having actually seen one of them :)

So, I'll go with Karate Kid:

I actually really loved that kick scene as well as a kid. Let me think about the movie and see if I can pick another good one……

I think the scene where Miyagi reveals why he's had Daniel work so much - demonstrating that it's been not just about discipline - but also very much about martial arts ;)

Of course, these days you'd smell that a mile away, but as a kid it was really something.

My movie:

Last of the Mohicans

I guess I don't have to say it - but I will:

The entire sequence beginning after the indian chieftain makes the decision of who to burn and who to set free, towards the end of the movie. One of the finest action/drama sequences of all time.

Karate Kid: Wax on, wax off

Favourite scene from different movie?
Movie: Sleeper (earlyish Woody Allan)
Scene: finding newspaper in 200 year old Volkswagen and reading headlines

Last edited:
I don't know what to say Joxer. This is just a fun game, I could post XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX movies scenes. Sometimes it is just a look or the way they move.

I don't get you at times, you have such a good head on your shoulders. Not everything is meant to be hated.
This could be said about a lot of movies, so why pick this one. There are a lot of directors that think they will be the next david lynch or Quentin Tarantino.

Most either miss the mark because of script, editing or the main reason they are not one of them
A forest so thick… A needle in a haystack…
You probably don't know that I don't see the rules of the "game", just the thread title. ;)

Now when you know that, please, read between lines. In fact concentrate on the bold part. Is my "chosen scene" a movie, an actress, a director or… Something else? :evilgrin:

Movie: Airplane

Scene: Stewardess is asking two black fellows about how one of them is feeling. They talk back to her and she can't understand a word they're saying. Then Mrs. June Cleaver walks up to her and says, "Stewardess, I speak jive."

Love that movie :)

P.S. My memory is still stored on 5 1/4" floppies.

Back
Top Bottom