Ultima Online - Ultima Online Wars Announcement

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
There is a new development in the realm of Ultima with the announcement of Ultima Online Wars set for June 24th. Head to the link to see the release announcement trailer.

We're extremely excited to reveal our release announcement trailer today! The beautiful, and chaotic world of Ultima Online Wars (UOW) offers so much to do and explore. We can't wait to see players experiencing everything to be discovered in UOW.

In other news the UO Wars Launcher has been officially completed and, once UOW has been released on June 24th, will even offer the ability to directly connect to the game itself through the launcher. As of this post onward you can download the UOW client and any updates with the launcher here: http://www.uowars.com/client/Ultima Online Wars Launcher Installer.exe

Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2HPUyuJnu3cMDROc3ZvSmtzeGM/view?usp=sharing

We have even included our own version of Sallos with the launcher installation as well. Hope to see you all on June 24th!
More information.

It might be of interest to some people. I wasn't sure what to make of it myself but I'll avoid posting such news in future if you prefer.

The only problem I see with that is that there are dozens of them, so chances are, their news would pretty much dominate everything...

No worries Silver! :) Didn't mean to give you a hard time!

Yeah, UO player run shards are a dime a dozen, they rise and fall daily, and most of them have no staying power and don't really stand out in any significant way. There's an audience for them, but not sure if it's RPGWatch.

Also they are wandering the thin line between being legal and illegal.

I am no expert here but as far as I know UO Shards could only exist due to some lack of specification in the Terms of Use which was then closed by EA. At least that was the reason why back in the day they were based on old versions and were not allowed to provide modificated files of the game in order to launch it.

Damn, I thought it was a new UO Expansion when I read it. Then came the Salllos Launcher part and I quickly realized it was news for a player run shard. Sigh.

Yep, that was why I checked it as well. ^^

"Shard" actually means "World" or "Realm" in other games.
Ultima Online has a pretty cool explanation about why there are multiple shards of the same world.

Thus is the world in which you are born, live and die.

Back
Top Bottom