Ash of Gods - Released

For the record: My reason for wanting it had nothing to do with gog vs steam; other than the machine I intended to play the game on does not have steam. Not sure why this turned into a gog vs steam thread.

Soooo... is it any good?
Just so you know, I hated the combat in Banner Saga. How similar is it?

There is a review on metacritic that compares it to banner saga; the review more or less states that banner saga is the better of the two games but otherwise they are very similar (including combat); having said that the reviewer concludes that it is a good game.
-
For the record I liked banner saga (and banner saga combat); so this is probably a good game for myself but from the reviews (I haven't played) if you dislike banner saga combat you might not love this game.

Last edited:
The start is pretty good, has feeling and really interested in the story; also cool intro and menu music, reminds me of witcher3. Combat is…well not really into it, just like i wasnt in banner saga, but gonna play it for the story and chars.

edit menu theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3blT4gNiog pretty nice :biggrin:

Well, I finished one playthrough, which took approximately 15-18 hours. It's a game which has a lot of similar core components to Banner Saga, so if you enjoyed those games, this is certainly for you.

They did change quite a few things, especially combat, which has a whole new system altogether. The journey of your characters is also less linear.

The main negative for me is the actual English text, which has been translated from Russian. Apparently they are reviewing the entire translation though.

The game has now been patched a fair bit, so I would say it's safe to jump right in.

Back
Top Bottom