Nba 2k16

D

Deleted User

Wow, what a game! Being an avid basketball fan, it's a joy to play this year's game after not playing a basketball game for a few years now. They have slowed the gameplay down a bit and every movement on the court is meaningful, and one wrong move and you will be left in the dust. It is also "sim-friendly" this year, meaning even if you play random players online, they will have to play the game "the right way" and not do ridiculous things like you could in previous years.

I just played an online match against a random opponent and it was just as good as the matches I play against my "sim" friends. You have to work the ball around for an open shot, take good shots and there appears to be no exploits or cheesiness in this year's game. Amazing.

The gameplay is great, but it's very difficult and very rewarding. You have to use your brain along with quick reflexes to hit the open man. I love running a pick and roll, dishing to my roll man only for him to make the extra pass for the wide open corner 3. So satisfying.

I mention this game here because as you all know I am a huge RPG nerd, and I feel playing a simulation-style basketball game also hits on some of the same notes as when I play RPGs - using your brain, out-thinking your opponent, having knowledge for the game, playing through tension, etc. Really great stuff that I know some of you here would enjoy.

Of course, it helps that I'm a huge basketball nerd as well. Been playing my whole life and probably could have played professionally if I were more motivated. Now I just live vicariously through playing basketball video games. Fun stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom