How did you come up with your username?

Starting to think I shoulda actually put some work into mine... nah.

I'm tired of thinking up witty names :D

Got mine from ancient esoteric manuscript. Ammon was student of Hermes Thrice-Blessed, who was an ancient Egyptian priest of magic and esoteric philosophy. Hermes supposedly wrote the Emerald Tablet, the basic foundation behind alchemy and ancient magical theory. Foundational concepts Hermes taught were later put into the Holy Bible, Koran, and almost all western religious texts, including coptic writings and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Hermes was a priest in ancient Egypt predating the time of Moses. Genesis hadnt even been written yet. Therefore Hermes Trismesgus should be rightfully known as the progenitor of all western religions, western magical systems, western secret societies like Freemasonry, and alchemy (leading ultimately to science) but hardly anyone admits or knows that. There was also Amon-Ra, a dual god of ancient Egypt, as well as a minor deity predating Amon-Ra by many centuries, named Ammon, an ancient god of the winds that blew over Egypt in those olden times.

One thing that was in the manuscript I saw was details about what Hermes believed to be our universe. It says that the borders of our universe are spherical, we are inside an immense sphere. He also said that the entire universe is filled with life, and that outside the sphere are strange lifeforms that never end. Of note, Hermes wrote thousands of years before modern cosmology, astronomy, & modern science, that lifeforms exist beyond earth in myriad forms on worlds beyond our imaginations.

If youve ever seen deep space photos from Hubble Telescope, I recommend it. Just go to NASA website and search for "deep space photo." Ive seen the deepest space photo and there were thousands of GALAXIES there, as far as can be seen. It is astonishing.

Some esotericists believe that Hermes possessed the knowledge of human civilizations that came before the Egyptians, a civilization that we refer to as Atlantis, in a time of giants, in a land shrouded in mists.

Last edited:
Ammon was also the name of the Ordos mentat in Dune II. What a guy...

Oh yes Corwin from 'Nine Pinces in Amber'. When we gamed players where allowed to select one or two npc's from the minature table. Invariably this red mage in the act of casting was selected. During battles he had a reputation for casting fireballs so the appellative Fireball Jackson was given to the minature. Later l added Fred to personalize him abit. Thus Fred (fireball) Jackson, so I just use the initials and all lower case, since it's easier.

"Jemy Murphy" was my first long-lasting pnp rpg campaign character. I played him when I was 10-11 years old.

how is kshy pronounced? Is it k-shy, shy with a kuh in front, or something I can't sound out?
Oops, I didn't think of a k-shy interpretation! No, it's not shy. Actually I should've written kshi-hu or something, as the "y" is basically pronounced like the 'i' sound as in the word "bit".

I just wrote Kshyyy because I remembered how Kashyyyk was pronounced in Knights of the Old Republic. :biggrin:

@Pladio: Huh? That's Krzychu, not Kryzchu. :) "Rz" is one sound, somewhat similar to "sh" (although there is a "sh" sound, which is spelled "sz").

"Elwro" has two roots:
1) my initials (L. Wro(...))
2) it's the name of an 8-bit computer I worked on at school. It was quite fun, with 64 kbs of RAM and tons of cool games.

As most people recognise, mine is derived from the initial main character of Zelazny's Amber series!! There's your regular, standard writers, and then there's Zelazny!! :)

Good choice! Do you know that there was an Amber PnP rpg - the interesting thing about it was that it was completely based on storytelling... it worked without dices...

No, I didn't know that. I think Amber would make an excellent CRPG setting as well!! Wonder why no-one has ever used it!!

Imago Storm was the name of a politically motivated Dremora grand vizier in Bethesda's 'Battlespire'; Lord Imago helped the player defeat his master, Mehrunes Dagon. Being an Elder Scrolls fan, his name was the first one which came to my mind when I decided to create an account at RPGDot back in [insert date here]. I stuck to the name when I joined RPGWatch.

Shortly before registering my yahoo email address I had read some stories about antiquity, and when all variations of my real name were occupied I decided to pick something exotic with a spelling that was unlikely to be occupied (and so far Zaleukos always has been available as an alias at different forums and the like:p)

Zaleukos put an end to unrest in the Greek colony of Locroi (spelling varies) in southern Italy. Various factions bickered, and the legislative assembly was unable to work for the best of the city. His solution was not very subtle but effective.

wikipedia said:
Epizephyrian Locri was one of the cities of Magna Graecia. Its renowned for its lawgiver Zaleucus decreed that anyone who proposed a change in the laws should do so with a noose about their neck, with which they should be hanged if the amendment did not pass.

Dr. J is the nickname of Julius Erving. The basketball great who reigned in dunk stardom before Jordan.

And my initial is A so... :p

Zaleukos put an end to unrest in the Greek colony of Locroi (spelling varies) in southern Italy.
Zaleukos was also the name of the Greek doctor in Wilhelm Hauff's 'Caravan Tales'...

Mine is pretty obvious for those who have watched the Addams Family series and movies. I like all the characters, but Morticia is my favourite, especially in the cartoon.

@Krzychu: is this Polish?

Yes, very nice choice, Morticia. No one prepares rose stems quite like the divine(or diabolic) Ms. M. :)

I wanted a Tolkien name, but not one of the obvious ones. Ghân-buri-Ghân, clanchief of the Woses of Drúadan forest, fit the bill: He is one of my favourite characters, yet virtually unknown (even after the movies which thankfully omitted him) to non Tolkien Fanatics. In the concatenated version of the name I use for the internet and as a modder, it proved fairly unique, as Google tells me.

Back
Top Bottom