KoA: Reckoning - Demo Coming Soon

Concidering EA's recent track record, letting them install a rootkit in my PC is the last thing I want to do... Actually I said I'd rather not support them at all these days but a spectacular KOA demo might have convinced me otherwise...

I can't understand why people complain about Origin, you can simply treat it as a download manager - no more no less.

Considering EA's recent forum bans, I've become suspicious.

If they didn't want me to become suspicious, then they should have used other means of downloading their demos.

But I guess that one can install Origins, download the demo, and uninstall Origins after that, no ?

Concidering EA's recent track record, letting them install a rootkit in my PC is the last thing I want to do… Actually I said I'd rather not support them at all these days but a spectacular KOA demo might have convinced me otherwise…

Are you sure this is a rootkit?

I'm almost positive I was able to completely uninstall it without any problems. If it was a rootkit, I would imagine somebody would have noticed and there would be a lot of negative publicity about that by now.

Should I have put rootkit in quotes ? I was not referring to the technical part of the client that much as to what it may allow a company as unscrupulous as EA to know or do when given access to my personal computer for the duration of its installation (That said I would not put it beyond them to leave me with a little farewell present when uninstalling, but that would be paranoid on my part o_o). Not to mention their current policies regarding customers in general.

Now, enough time wasted on a game "that may not be as bad as it looks and I would try the demo If it came with no strings attached"… :)

I laugh when people subscribe in facebook , tweeter and the rest of personal data mining sites and then complaint about origin or steam ...... you know my opinions on the subject anyway.

The game looks very JRPGish , what's with all those colours , screen info and ridiculous combat? also why the hell those weapons are so big and where are the semi-nude 16 year olds with big round eyes?
Seriously it does look terrible , i hope i am wrong but if this is targeting aRPG audience i can say it can flop Sacred 2 way by only looking at the palette.

Should I have put rootkit in quotes ? I was not referring to the technical part of the client that much

But - the term "rootkit" is rather a technical term, not a social one.

I could use a rootkit for my hair. Some of these roots just aren't cutting it ;)

I stand corrected my good sirs :salute:

I shall be more careful in my blatant disregard of accurate technical term use henceforth!

Please replace rootkit with "A malicious and intrusive piece of software allowing access and transmission of my personal data without my express permission (and possibly the uncalled modification of files on my personal computer)" ;)

And I don't use Twitter or facebook either /ludite :D

I like that new trailer showing off the skills in regards to lockpick/magical ward/sneaking etc.

The graphics are nice, colorful. I'm tired of drab and realistic, give me something a bit more magical and vibrant looking. Looking forward to the demo!

Back
Top Bottom