HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC/Mac fans have to wait a little longer for Earthlock: Festival of Magic:

Steam Launch postponed to September 27th

Bad news and good news

Bad first: Steam (PC/Mac) release has been pushed to September 27th.

The good news is that reception on the Xbox version has been totally overwhelming for our little team of developers. Mostly it has been very positive, as you can see from the early reviews link[www.snowcastle.no].

With the large number of players on Xbox we have also uncovered bugs we want to fix, both in the Xbox and Steam version. We simply do not have the capacity to do it all and do it well at the same time.

So we would rather take the heat for pushing the release now, rather than releasing a game on Steam we are not happy with.

Please bear with us, and if the response from the Xbox players is something to go by, all you Steam, PS4 and Nintendo gamers waiting for Earthlock: Festival of Magic have something to look forward to!
More information.

This is not an AAA game, it is a BBB game.

In the sense that it is Bad, Bad, Bad game…. Bad controls, Bad story (terrible dialogues) and Bad mechanics (horrific respawn system - it is enough the exit a room to have to fight the same enemies over and over again). The save system combined with the constant respawn is more than just 'inconvenient' - it is just an endless source of frustration.

Unfortunately I contributed to Kickstarter, so no refund for me. This one will go down in the books as another reminder to avoid Kickstarter….

Thanks for the headups mbpopolano24. Nothing worst than constant respawning and bad save game systems, which is why I never bought/played console games. Too many good games to play, to waste time, with low quality designs.

I also backed it.
If the trashmobs are respawning like he said, it'll be the first disappointment after so many games I've backed so far.

Ah well, the list of only good stuff had to break one day.

Personally, I like it. I've been playing the beta on Steam. It's a throwback to old-style JRPG games - which is exactly how they sold it - Reminiscent of "Tales of Symphonia" and others. If you go in expecting it to be Skyrim, you'll be disappointed. I'm not. I think it was worth the kickstarter money I put in.

It was a good idea to postpone it though - there are/were several bugs that needed addressed, especially with controller support, and mouse/keyboard.

I'm looking forward to the release version.

Back
Top Bottom