King's Bounty - Retrospective

Agreed!!! The Bounty games have stayed consistently good and worth playing, the Heroes games have totally sucked since the third one.

Well considering that all four games are nearly identical besides a few new units and minor gameplay tweaks, many people are going to say they're consistent. :)

Personally, I'm ready for a new King's Bounty that's not just another clone using the same engine.

Agreed!!! The Bounty games have stayed consistently good and worth playing, the Heroes games have totally sucked since the third one.

I actually really enjoyed Homm4, probably more so than 1 or 2. Haven't even tried 7 since 6 felt soulless to me.

My not humble opinion:
First two games - musthaves.
The third one - still fun, but musthave it is not.
The fourth (last) one - avoidware.

I guess your count skips KB: Legions. (It's online. and horrible.)

And yeah, KB: Dark Side was a mess, especially the level design. The only reason to play it was for love of the earlier games.

I guess your count skips KB: Legions. (It's online. and horrible.)

And yeah, KB: Dark Side was a mess, especially the level design. The only reason to play it was for love of the earlier games.

I didn't find it that bad at all, and I played it just a couple of months ago. The only thing I didn't like were all the fetch quests, but the humour more than made up for it.

I never did try the online King's Bounty game, but then I tend to avoid practically any game that has online elements, save for an mmo or two. Sounds like I really didn't miss much!

I've played KB online (Legions) on Kongregate a few years back. After a few hours it gets boring as it tells you it's pay2win or go away. Not only that it has integrated some social garbage as if it was facebook game.
Unless they dropped the pay2win model since then, can't recommend it.

Humble Bundle store is having an 1C Publisher Sale, just in case someone wanna check and buy discounted King's Bounty games.

Humble Bundle store is having an 1C Publisher Sale, just in case someone wanna check and buy discounted King's Bounty games.

I grabbed the Dark Side premium edition for $5

It's the only KB game I hadn't played yet. I've only gone through the first few battles as the Vampire, and it seems "ok" so far. I'm disappointed that you can't choose your character and class though. I guess I should have expected that since that's how the other games are, but with the characters being completely different races this time, I thought maybe they'd let us pick the archetype as well.

I stalled part way into Warriors of the North, but have always intended to go back. I absolutely loved the preceding two, but I think I just needed a break.
Some nice person on this site gave me a key to Dark Side. One day... :)

Back
Top Bottom