Dungeons & Darkness - Released on Steam and Playism

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The dungeon crawler Dungeons & Darkness, has been released today on Steam and Playism.

Dungeons & Darkness
Stories speak of old dungeons in this world, ones that contain untold secrets and calamitous evil. Warriors have delved into these dungeons, seeking out their darkest secrets, each with their own goal in mind. Through this, a prosperous and stable town came to form, attracting people, goods and commerce. But the town now speaks of a warped and troubled world. They had already withstood many disasters and they long for peace to return to the world. It is with the same wish that you set foot into town.

Enter unforgiving dungeons where many adventurers have me their own demise.
A first-person exploration and action RPG game where you make your way through monster and trap infested dungeons. Uncover chests containing powerful items, and journey onwards to slay the great evil that is rumored to lurk deep in the shadows.
Based on classic dungeon RPGs, Dungeons & Darkness takes the genre to a new level. By including aspects like real time action, which was difficult to achieve with hardware from the previous generation, a new type of dungeon adventure awaits.

More information.

Reminds me of some 3D fantasy dungeon "FPS" I played in the 90s. Forgot the name, but it looked much more interesing in my memory than this.

I see no reason why I should give this a try...

Reminds me of some 3D fantasy dungeon "FPS" I played in the 90s. Forgot the name, but it looked much more interesing in my memory than this.

I see no reason why I should give this a try…

Stonekeep perhaps? For me this game seems quite attractive. Not as static as grimrock in my opinion.

Stonekeep perhaps? For me this game seems quite attractive. Not as static as grimrock in my opinion.

Nope, not Stonekeep. There was a Frank Frazetta-esque figure with a horned helmet on the cover. For the life of me I cannot remember the name. The game was very bloody for the time and officially only available for age 18+ in Germany.

This game i would give it more of a chance if i liked its gameplay. You have to go in, have a maximum of two swings before you have to go backward wait a sec for your two swings to charge again and then rinse and repeat.

Witchhaven was quite challenging - I remember a mate and I rented it back in '95 or so and played it late at night on his Dx4-100. :) It was such a dark and brutal game. I agree about its "forbidden" status; it definitely felt like something we really shouldn't be playing. I've actually still got my big fat boxed edition of the sequel...

Back
Top Bottom