Realms of Arkania HD - Pre-Purchase Now On Steam

Steam is register your singleplayer game online and then play it offline DRM.

I disagree. As far as I understood Steam, it's meant to to be so that most games just cannot be played without Steam which must always be on - except for a few cases of "offline mode". I once tried it with "Team Fortress" for which I once got a code on a Games Com - it didn't want to play offline. It threw me out. Even after using Steam's "Offline Mode". I think it even accused me of hacking, because I didn't connect to the servers.

I disagree. As far as I understood Steam, it's meant to to be so that most games just cannot be played without Steam which must always be on - except for a few cases of "offline mode".

Yes and no. Most games require Steam client, but you can play these games with your network cable disconnected from your computer - it will still require the Steam client to be running in offline mode. So in this sense, it is not always on DRM as it does not require you to be logged in to a network.

I once tried it with "Team Fortress" for which I once got a code on a Games Com - it didn't want to play offline. It threw me out. Even after using Steam's "Offline Mode". I think it even accused me of hacking, because I didn't connect to the servers.

This is understandable, since Team Fortress is purely an online game that you can not play offline.

Question for those of you who pre-purchased on Steam: Is it showing in your game library?

I just purchased it a few minutes ago, and I've got nothing to show for it other than my email receipt. Usually a preorder will show as "Not yet released" in your library, but in this case the game is not there at all.

I'm sure it won't be an issue, but I was just curious…

Question for those of you who pre-purchased on Steam: Is it showing in your game library?

I just purchased it a few minutes ago, and I've got nothing to show for it other than my email receipt. Usually a preorder will show as "Not yet released" in your library, but in this case the game is not there at all.

I'm sure it won't be an issue, but I was just curious…

Same here. But then the RoTT code from GMG only added the Apogee pack and nothing about the new remake.

Same here. But then the RoTT code from GMG only added the Apogee pack and nothing about the new remake.

Ok, thanks.

About ROTT, you might want to double-check. I also pre-ordered it from GMG, and it shows in my Steam library. Unreleased games don't show alphabetically. It should be at the top of your list of "Not installed" games.

Ok, thanks.

About ROTT, you might want to double-check. I also pre-ordered it from GMG, and it shows in my Steam library. Unreleased games don't show alphabetically. It should be at the top of your list of "Not installed" games.

Ah yes, now (of course) it shows up ... thanks!

Back
Top Bottom