Thinking of this ...

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I need a new gaming laptop, thinking this might be it

Processor :
Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Dynamically Overclocked up to 4.1GHz)
Operating System:
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
Memoryi:
32GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133Mhz
Display:
17.3 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IGZO IPS Anti-Glare 400-nits Display
Chipset:
Intel® HM170 Series Chipset
Primary Battery:
8-cell Lithium Ion (92 Wh) Battery
Video Cardi:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M with 8GB GDDR5
Audio and Speakers:
Creative Sound Core3D-EX Audio with Creative Soundblaster Pro Studio Software
2.1 Speaker configuration includes subwoofer
Audio Powered by Klipsch®
7.1 Digital Audio out using HDMI out connection
Hard Drive:
256GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
Camera:
FullHD 2MP Camera with dual digital microphones
Wireless:
Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Why play games on a phone???

Get a desktop!!!

/joxer mode off

:biggrin:

Lovely machine, but if it's for gaming, I'd save a few bucks and downgrade the memory to 16GB. I really don't see 32GB becoming remotely necessary for gaming in the lifetime of the PC.

I'd also have a question mark over the need for a 4K monitor in this case. It's nice to have, but it's unlikely that the GTX 980M will handle future games at that resolution, not at good framerates.

Lovely machine, but if it's for gaming, I'd save a few bucks and downgrade the memory to 16GB. I really don't see 32GB becoming remotely necessary for gaming in the lifetime of the PC.

I'd also have a question mark over the need for a 4K monitor in this case. It's nice to have, but it's unlikely that the GTX 980M will handle future games at that resolution, not at good framerates.

The reason for the ram and 4k is it is on sale and only 200.00 more than the one with gb and lesser monitor

If you're happy with the price, go for it. You may not get a lot of 4K gaming in the future, but the monitor will still be very nice to look at when you are using it for other things, and less demanding types of games.

Remember 4k will make Icons and such pretty small. I decided to not get it. I have 16GB Ram also.

I have a 980m on a 1920 x 1080 screen and I've never had a game even slow down yet fyi. Its kinda nice.

Remember 4k will make Icons and such pretty small. I decided to not get it. I have 16GB Ram also.

Does the DPI scaling not work well?

Do you travel that much that you need a laptop for gaming? If not, I think you're wasting your money. Just my opinion, but I've always been pretty much anti-laptop when it comes to gaming.

I have a GTX 970 (which is a bit better than 980m) and have done plenty of 4K gaming. Witcher 3 should run at least 30 FPS @ 4K, if not better outside of cutscene (on the 970).

But, all of my 4K gaming has been older games, such as heavily modded Oblivion, Skyrim, Valkyria Chronicles and many other games that I could run in 4K - 60 FPS. I even have modded Gothic 2 & Lord of the Rings: Online in 4K - 60 FPS, videos on my YouTube channel. :)

Older or not, a modded in 4K Oblivion is a beauty to play, so if you're into slightly older games in 4K, I say go for it with the 4K monitor.

Laptops are great. I sold my Alienware recently, but it was a real pleasure to use. Nothing like laying in bed with the laptop and doing some beautiful gaming @ 60 FPS Ultra settings.

I would highly recommend Alienware. They are a bit more expensive but pure luxury. I really enjoyed mine for the several years I owned it. Heat was never, ever an issue, thing was super fast, great lighting options for the keyboard which greatly helps gaming in the dark and many other neat little features. Loved it!

Good luck and enjoy! :)

Do you travel that much that you need a laptop for gaming? If not, I think you're wasting your money. Just my opinion, but I've always been pretty much anti-laptop when it comes to gaming.

Yes I am on the road a lot.

I would highly recommend Alienware.
Good luck and enjoy! :)

I have Alienware now and have had them in the past. I do like them, I was going to switch to MSI this time but think I will stick with Alienware.

Going to hold off until summer is over and see what is out there then. Thanks though to everyone for your feed back.

Back
Top Bottom