Looty Non-Action RPG Recommendations?

Aramazon

Traveler
I suppose I really like the might and magic games for their randomized loot and turn-based combat and I'm having a hard time finding anything to match. I'm waiting for Starcrawlers to finish because that has it...but is there anything else anyone could recommend in the mean time? I also really like party based...(that's sort of the kicker, otherwise the whole world of roguelikes fits).

I suppose I really like the might and magic games for their randomized loot and turn-based combat and I'm having a hard time finding anything to match. I'm waiting for Starcrawlers to finish because that has it…but is there anything else anyone could recommend in the mean time? I also really like party based…(that's sort of the kicker, otherwise the whole world of roguelikes fits).

If you like M&M you'd probably like Lords of Xulima.

I suppose I really like the might and magic games for their randomized loot and turn-based combat and I'm having a hard time finding anything to match. I'm waiting for Starcrawlers to finish because that has it…but is there anything else anyone could recommend in the mean time? I also really like party based…(that's sort of the kicker, otherwise the whole world of roguelikes fits).

Divinity: Original Sin is turn-based and has an absurd amount of loot. Much of it randomized. I personally dislike this massive amount of loot because it makes inventory management so incredibly tedious as there's very little difference between much of the equipment you find...

There's also Wasteland 2 and Dead State.

Not for OP at all, but in term of loot, I found Sword Coast Legend approach very interesting. It's not purely randomized loot that is items have fixed design, but the design of bonuses is uncommon and great. There's a design hole by not having designed maximum bonus, and this is allowing some exploits. But it's still a loot system very interesting. DOS approach is such a routine in comparison, DOS is still a much better CRPG. :)

You might like "Dungeonmans" which is a Roguelite with tons of loot including weapons you can take over to the next character and enhance.

Back
Top Bottom