DA:Inquisition - 33% discount at Origin

aries100

SasqWatch
VG 24/7 brings news that you can now get this game at 33% discount at Origin, EA's online sales for games.

Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Sims 4 are the headliners of Origin's latest sale, with a 33% discount on the retail price for each. You can save even more by using the discount code ORIGIN25 at discount; it looks like you'll get a further 25% off, although I'm not certain whether that's off one title or cart total.
Head over to Origin if you want to take advantage of this deal.

ps: the link migt be in Danish, but you should still see the 33% discount mark.

More information.

The link adapts to your IP address so don't worry, it works perfectly.
ORIGIN25 code is stackable and can be applied to the whole cart or several different purchases not just one title.

Bioware Points are not on sale nor the code can be applied on them - you still have to pay full price.

Buy it now or keep waiting for more fixes? Decisions... decisions...

LOL yeah, that's sounds just about right. Especially that I'm not in any hurry.

This is a $10 game at most to me. Not in any hurry to get it either.

No. But it's the only non controversial way :biggrin:

I think You may add non Steam games to Your Steam library but never had need to try it out. Well I would love to add DA II and III and Mass Effect 3 to my Steam collection through purchase but I don`t think it is going to happen.

Because this is a flagship game for them and it's still "new" a 33% discount isn't too shabby, though it isn't much more than what you could get at launch if you had a keen eye.

It's a good game with a lot of hours of play. I haven't finished it yet but I do intend to. My only real problem with it is that a lot of the 'hours of play' amount to MMO-like padding, combined with a surprisingly fast XP system wherein you outlevel zones. If they had cut some of the padding and actually slowed leveling down so you saw more of the story content for each zone (while still progressing) this would have been a 10/10 game for me.

I don't fault anyone for not picking it up at the current price point, but if you like RPGs it's still worth a romp eventually.

True, but you can't get Bioware Points for 30% off even in a million years.

My eldest son bought around the release date for his PS4 I was going to check it out on that before I bought it for PC. Though he didn't like it so sold it to one of his friends.

Your eldest son was probably stuck in Hinterlands for too long.
Don't do the same mistake - avoid grinding wherever and whenever possible.

Because this is a flagship game for them and it's still "new" a 33% discount isn't too shabby, though it isn't much more than what you could get at launch if you had a keen eye.

It's a good game with a lot of hours of play. I haven't finished it yet but I do intend to. My only real problem with it is that a lot of the 'hours of play' amount to MMO-like padding, combined with a surprisingly fast XP system wherein you outlevel zones. If they had cut some of the padding and actually slowed leveling down so you saw more of the story content for each zone (while still progressing) this would have been a 10/10 game for me.

I don't fault anyone for not picking it up at the current price point, but if you like RPGs it's still worth a romp eventually.

Pretty much the same thoughts here. I actually haven't touched it since Pillars launched. Guess that shows where my preferences lie. I definitely think Witcher 3 has a good chance of being better than Inquisition. We'll see shortly.

Just bought DA:I using the discounts, everything was fine untill …

… I tried to run the game and get the message "Unable to connect to EA servers to Activate DA:I. Please try again later".

Checked EA forum, several posts about same problem.

That's my first and LAST Origin game I buy. What a joke.

Pretty much the same thoughts here. I actually haven't touched it since Pillars launched. Guess that shows where my preferences lie. I definitely think Witcher 3 has a good chance of being better than Inquisition. We'll see shortly.

If the witches 3 isn't better than DAI it will catapult past DA2 as my most disappointing game ever.

Just bought DA:I using the discounts, everything was fine untill …

… I tried to run the game and get the message "Unable to connect to EA servers to Activate DA:I. Please try again later".

Checked EA forum, several posts about same problem.

That's my first and LAST Origin game I buy. What a joke.

It's definetly Origin message and Origin is the problem, not DA:I.

You can contact EA staff (basically a kind of support outsourced in India) via live chat and they will be nice towards you but will tell you to do these:
- uninstall, then redownload the whole game and install it (won't help, trust me)
- use CC cleaner (hahauhaua, don't. just don't)
- they'll delete the game from your Origin account and register a new one, basically you get a brand new key (and again, that won't help)

How do I know this? Because my sister had the same problem on her laptop, but she was getting that message with Sims 3 and three expansion packs I bought her for her birthday. She just couldn't start them but was getting the same message you do.

After EA's chatty staff couldn't solve it, I found a way myself:
Uninstall ALL other EA games except DA:I. Yup. All of them. ME, Cattlefield, Peggle, Bejeweled 3, DLC:The Game, Season Pass:The Game, dunno, doesn't matter, if it's EA game, just uninstall it.
It'll make DA:I work and no EA server unreachable message you'll be seeing.

Another solution is to go underground and grab some crack from megaupload, rapidshare or similar sites, but I can't recommend doing this because you won't be able to play multiplayer part then (if you're interested in at least trying).

Before you uninstall those other games that are not DA:I, just backup them (copy/paste game folders) elsewhere for future use. This is one of reason I'm constantly suggesting buying external HDDs, those are cheap and perfect for backup needs like in this case. And later, when you feel like playing those games again, just copy/paste them back then press install in Origin client - it'll detect the games are already on their place and will just verify files. Easy peasy, right? ;)

You say you saw more reports on this matter, if it's on EA answers HQ site, post the link please.

Last edited:
You are a fount of knowledge joxer (and I'm not kidding). Do you know if similar uninstall with the backup process work for Steam as well? I'm thinking about doing this with PoE. My SSD is relatively small and since I have just finished this game I want to uninstall it but still keep because of possible future expansion.

Back
Top Bottom