DA:Inquisition - More Story On the Way

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
I'm reposting a news story that is a repost of a tweet. To this we've come! Anyway:

Creative director for Dragon Age, Mike Laidlaw, recently tweeted that Dragon Age: Inquisition's story is not over yet.

Laidlaw tweeted, "The past three days have been filled with that weird intensity that makes game dev kind of addictive. It’s a rush when things come together." Responding to a follow-up inquiry about what it was exactly he was working on, Laidlaw wrote, "We’re not quite done with story content for [Dragon Age: Inquisition] just yet."

Exactly what this story content will be or when it will appear is unclear, but Laidlaw did confirm that the Hero of Ferelden will not appear and to not hold your breath for the Hero of Ferelden to ever appear as an NPC.
More information.

"Exactly what this story content will be or when it will appear is unclear, but Laidlaw did confirm that the Hero of Ferelden will not appear and to not hold your breath for the Hero of Ferelden to ever appear as an NPC."

Boooo.... I must be in the minority but I really liked the whole grey warden thing and would have much rather continued the story in that direction.

Oooh, more bears incoming! I'm so excited!
:drool:

Nah.

dragonageinq.png

After The Witcher 3, BioWare has a long way to go to improve their storytelling (especially in the cutscene department) for me to be exited about "more story on the way".

After The Witcher 3, BioWare has a long way to go to improve their storytelling (especially in the cutscene department) for me to be exited about "more story on the way".

BioWare's writing has been sophomoric for a long time.

I'm probably an old cynic, but I had a very strong 'Guys, remember us? Look away from The Witcher III on your screen and see! We still exist!' vibe when I read this little article.

Who knows, maybe the next DLC will be everything people hoped from DA:I and then some. Until that has clearly proven the case, I'll be playing other games.

Well, I think comparing it unfavorably to Witcher 3 is low-hanging fruit - and I actually think it does certain things better than W3.

For one thing, I felt the visual variety in terms of the regions is far greater here than in W3 - which, so far, has been relatively uniform.

Beyond that, I prefer being able to pick a class and playstyle - which isn't really possible in W3.

I also enjoy the party banter and such - which is missing in W3.

But, ok, W3 is the clearly superior game - but that doesn't mean DA:I is not great in its own way too.

I'm probably an old cynic, but I had a very strong 'Guys, remember us? Look away from The Witcher III on your screen and see! We still exist!' vibe when I read this little article.

Who knows, maybe the next DLC will be everything people hoped from DA:I and then some. Until that has clearly proven the case, I'll be playing other games.

On Bioware's forum there is a global feedback thread and dozens of threads "things that you absolutely hate in the game".
I think, can't say for sure, that in each one I asked to drop the bears respawning idiocy out of the game. Went also into crybaby mode and begged for norespawn mod, basically noone reacted.

Dunno about other people, but I don't think DLC will be everything I hope for. And there is only one thing I want.

On Bioware's forum there is a global feedback thread and dozens of threads "things that you absolutely hate in the game".
I think, can't say for sure, that in each one I asked to drop the bears respawning idiocy out of the game. Went also into crybaby mode and begged for norespawn mod, basically noone reacted.

Dunno about other people, but I don't think DLC will be everything I hope for. And there is only one thing I want.

Some of the BioWare devs do seem to read the Forum, but they rarely post anything. It mostly has a 'soapbox function' for fans (including disappointed ones). I also suspect that they don't have, say, interns that monitor the Forum for problems, suggestions etc. Every time they want feedback they put out a questionnaire or create a specific thread, though pretty much all complaints and wishes probably could be filtered out of the Forum itself.

They do read but are very careful what to say and post.
Learned from other devs who posted things that in the end felt like trolling the community. ;)

Back
Top Bottom