Torment: Tides of Numenera - Jack Class Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming they have posted a new trailer for Torment: Tides of Numenera on the Jack class.

Techland released a new trailer for Torment: Tides of Numenera, revealing third new character class, the Jack. According to the publisher, Jack offers quick wit, cunning play and charm, but is not limited to one skill or tactic, essentially making him the Jack of all trades.

Players who want to explore and truly interact with their surrounding and the characters inhabiting the world need look no further as the Jack class has the widest variety of skills to develop, and can call upon a range of tricks to avoid direct combat.
More information.

I haven't played the beta at all, but I'm curious -- are the "tides" marked in connection with dialogue and story choices like traits in Pillars of Eternity or Red/Blue in Mass Effect?

Or do you have to guess that a given choice will probably swell (for example) the blue tide rather than the gold one?

Sounds like my kind of class -- versatile and tactically interesting. Your basic bard/rogue/assassin type.

Yup we got fighter and bard so far

I haven't played the beta at all, but I'm curious -- are the "tides" marked in connection with dialogue and story choices like traits in Pillars of Eternity or Red/Blue in Mass Effect?

Or do you have to guess that a given choice will probably swell (for example) the blue tide rather than the gold one?

They are the alignment system in the game (link to KS update on Tides).

Each tide is related to some character trait or type of action so no, you dont have to guess. You have to think. :)

Yep, I find the tide system very interesting, so I know the general character of the different colors. I've planned since long before the beta to simultaneously run a Blue-Indigo Nano ("Hexprone") and a Red-Gold Jack ("Hexene") through the game at release to test out how reactive it is.

I was more curious how transparent the effect of tides is as you play. In Pillars of Eternity dialogue choices were flagged as "passionate" etc so if you were trying to raise your "passion" trait you would click that. It was convenient but a little bit mechanical, so for my second Pillars playthrough (long-delayed) I'm planning to use the expert setting where the trait tags are left invisible.

The downside to doing without tags is that in every game I've played with a system like this, some of the alignment associations made no sense or were very inconsistent (with Mass Effect being famously the worst offender -- the definition of Renegade seemed to swing wildly between "pragmatist", "rebel", and "psychopath").

Farflame, from what you said, it sounds like Numenera is the equivalent of "expert mode" in Pillars by default and does not flag which choice is what. Do you know that to be the case?

Back
Top Bottom