I don't see any difference between starting a new game or choosing newgame+. It's going to be the same distance to get to the DLC either way.

I won't be doing either since I made a backup of my save right before the end.
Why would I need to start a new game or go to newgame+? You don't have to you can keep playing in your current game after beating the final boss. My character is in the cocoon of Empyrean where I believe the DLC is supposed to start.

Why would I need to start a new game or go to newgame+? You don't have to you can keep playing in your current game after beating the final boss. My character is in the cocoon of Empyrean where I believe the DLC is supposed to start.
That's not how I remember it. I seem to recall it going to end credits after defeating the Elden Beast and then automatically going to newgame+ if you wanted to keep playing after that.

I might just be remembering wrong though, or it's possible I didn't even check to see what happened after the credits. I kept swapping the save backup I made right before the end back in so I could see the different endings and get all the achievements.

That's not how I remember it. I seem to recall it going to end credits after defeating the Elden Beast and then automatically going to newgame+ if you wanted to keep playing after that.

I might just be remembering wrong though, or it's possible I didn't even check to see what happened after the credits. I kept swapping the save backup I made right before the end back in so I could see the different endings and get all the achievements.
Maybe they changed it in an update as I didn't finish the game until long after release. Now after credits you have the option to go to NG, NG+ or keep playing. I believe it said to go to roundtable hold and I could go to NG or NG+ from there when I'm ready.

I believe it said to go to roundtable hold and I could go to NG or NG+ from there when I'm ready.
Ok, that sounds familiar. Now that I've thought about it more, I think it teleports you to Roundtable Hold after the ending? From there I guess you choose to stay in the same game of start newgame+

Like @Redglyph, I'm just a little confused why Miyazaki made it sound like we have to do the expansion before finishing the game. I'm guessing something got lost in translation there.

How to prepare?
Little ittty bitty dumbells for your fingers. 1-2 -3 , 1-2-3, repeat until your fingers have little itty bitty biceps.

View attachment finger-building-7330813.webp

Then have your wife throw a cat at you at random intervals for the next few weeks. You'll soon learn to dodge the unexpected. EIther that, or you'll be a mess of scratches and scar tissue.

MS Copilot delivers!
Designer2.png

FWIW, I also remember the game asking if I wanted to start NG+, then putting me back to the Roundtable Hold when I declined (where it's possible to start NG+ any time). With a ridiculous amount of money.

I also kept a backup at that point, just in case.

Tried to in various ways, even on twitter. No such luck.
They just don't put any decent care into their pc ports.
And I don't even want them to bother with scaling the UI properly or anything. Just leave it as. Just unblock how much of the frame the engine renders.
That's all these 3rd party apps do, like Flawless Widescreen.
At least one company seems to care about modern systems. :D
But that is kind of an insane screen. I cannot see how you can comfortably play on something like that, and not twist your neck and develop some neck issue.

View: https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/status/1786078476182716599

I never quite understood the appeal either.
Yeah, it just seems counterproductive. If you want to not have to keep twisting your neck you really need to keep it at a distance, which kills immersion.
My 38" is just perfect. Wide enough to cover almost my whole active fov horizontally (ignoring my peripheral vision), and I can keep it at 50-60 cm from my face for full immersion.

I know someone who uses an ultrawide monitor and been playing games at their place a few times, and it's pretty amazing. The only downside is that not every game supports it or even runs well in it, but you don't have to twist your neck just as you don't in real life, you just act like a normal person, turning your eyes instead of your camera when you see something coming off the side while having your focus on the center of the FOV.

It feels very immersive and definitely a 10/10 experience for games in which it works, one of those things you have to try to know how good it is.

Last edited:
I know someone who uses an ultrawide monitor and been playing games at their place a few times, and it's pretty amazing. The only downside is that not every game supports it or even runs well in it. You don't have to twist your neck, it's just you don't have to look around with the camera to see more stuff if you want to, you can just peek, and see stuff coming off the side of your view without needing to fully focus on it.

It's a 10/10 experience, one of those things you have to try to know how good it is.
Ultrawide or Super-Ultrawide? The one I linked above was super. Here's a better comparison, to get an idea.
21:9 is ultrawide; 32:9 is super.
ows99h355h461.jpg

It's a 57 inch Samsung-Skaerm Odyssey Neo G9

NeoG9.jpg

I posted a link from Amazon but it was too long and kinda broken, but Google shows the correct one.

PS: I mentioned the one downside is that not all games support it, I suppose it has a second downside and is that it's worth over $2,000. Not for everyone's pockets.

Last edited:
PS: I mentioned the one downside is that not all games support it, I suppose it has a second downside and is that it's worth over $2,000. Not for everyone's pockets.
Yeah, the lack of support also applies to regular ultrawide, not just the super-ultrawide. There's games that seem to force it disabled by default.
Normally, if the game simply gets its supported list of resolutions from the OS that should suffice in a lot of cases. But games like Elden Ring list the ultrawide resolutions, but when selected they render black bars on the sides instead of the full frame.

Actually, I meant I didn't see the appeal for RPGs and work, but I should have mentioned sim players like those screens to see what's left and right. They used to buy 3 monitors to do that, using the 2 on the side only for peripheral vision or a quick glance left and right, but super-ultrawide provide the same advantage (for ex. in a flight or racing sim). I much prefer using devices like TrackIR, but to each their own.