Vitirr

Sentinel
Apparently Alkimia Interactive has announced on Twitter that Kai Rosenkrank (KaiRo), the original composer of the Gothic series is back for the Gothic remake.

There is also a reddit post in which a user has posted some tidbits about the game and its soundtrack disclosed by Kairo himself during the Gamescom.

I think his return to the Gothic world is great news. I consider the Gothic soundtraks as some of the most memorable I've heard and one of the reason the games are so atmospheric, and the adventuring so legendary. I hope he can extend and refine his own work here.

Meh I'm not hung up on that sorry. It's a remake not a remaster. They shouldn't try to emulate and copy everything 1:1 from the classic as it's been over thirty years.
I don't envy the developer as the game surely has a ton of fanboys that will hate every thing they change. I'm fine with changes as it's a remake not a remaster.

So please don't listen to them and make the game you want to make.

Last edited:
Best news from that reddit thread is that they'll try to get the original voice actors when possible. So maybe, just maybe, we'll get Diego's voice actor. But re-recording the dialogue sounds weird. I assume the script will also suffer changes.
Not sure why they would want to do that tbh. The original games were 20 years ago, so getting the same voice actors would be incredibly difficult, and having just some of them would seem strange imo.

Not sure why they would want to do that tbh. The original games were 20 years ago, so getting the same voice actors would be incredibly difficult, and having just some of them would seem strange imo.
He's talking about the German voice actors. The fanbase really liked them.

As long as the actors they get fit their parts, I'm happy.

I have no issue with them mixing old and new, either. I never thought the voice acting in Gothic was particularly good, though.

But it was a time where having full voice acting in and of itself was special - so it didn't really matter.